Here at Thumbtack, we’re building the easiest way for people to hire local professionals for projects big and small. From house painting to personal training and everything in between, we match customers to the right pros for all of life’s projects.
We have a data-driven culture, but we still feel like we’re only taking advantage of a fraction of the information we have to drive the right decisions for our customers, professionals and business. This will be a temporary role that will help support different teams across Thumbtack to answer important strategic questions. You’ll report to our Analytics Manager but get to spend time working with teams across the organization, including product, growth, marketing and operations. You’ll be looked to not only to explain what’s happening but also to suggest how we react to the data.
- Partner with product, growth, marketing, and ops teams to conduct in-depth quantitative analyses to drive strategic decisions
- Use a broad understanding of Thumbtack’s product and strategy to come up with and prioritize key in-depth analyses to inform important decisions
- Conduct creative analyses to develop insights into complex questions
- Track and regularly report on key performance metrics
- Develop dashboards to empower other team members with data
- 2+ years of experience in a quantitative or analytical role, preferably in tech, consulting, or finance
- Extensive hands-on experience with Excel and SQL
- Proven experience in quantitative analysis
- A creative approach in developing actionable analysis and recommendations
- Sharp business judgement and ability to see past the noise in large datasets to summarize and present actionable insights
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multitask and take on diverse projects and a strong track record of delivering against aggressive timelines
- BA/BS degree and exposure to Economics, Math, Statistics, Computer Science and/or Business.
- You have a strong combination of analytical prowess, technical aptitude and business judgement
- You’re focused on results and get excited about the implications of data and its power to shape and influence product development
- You’re a self-starter and have demonstrated success in using analytics to drive the understanding, progression and user engagement of a product
- Masters degree in Statistics or other related field
- Experience in R or Python
If you don't think you meet all of the criteria above but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join the team.
More about us
Headquartered in San Francisco, Thumbtack is helping millions of people tackle their to-do lists every day. By delivering custom, project-specific quotes from qualified and available professionals, we empower customers to select and hire the pro that’s right for them. And with a steady stream of new projects being started, independent professionals across all 50 states are able to grow and manage their businesses on their own terms.
Please visit www.thumbtack.com/jobs to return to our careers page.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.