Have you ever tried to hire a plumber? How about a house cleaner? If you have, chances are it took you way longer than it should. In the era of instant-everything, it’s crazy that you still have to waste an entire afternoon researching, calling and vetting local service professionals whenever you need one. The market for hiring them is huge — $700B in the US alone — but the process is inefficient and largely offline.
Thumbtack is transforming this experience end-to-end, building a marketplace that matches millions of people with local pros for almost any project. In making these connections, not only do our customers get more done every day, our pros are able to grow their businesses and make a living doing what they’re great at.
About the People Team
Our People team believes in the power of our people. We know that with the right culture, development and support, our people can achieve anything; and we are inspired by this everyday.
We do this by crafting an employee experience that starts from hiring incredible people, investing in their development, and providing a holistic approach to benefits from fully-paid health insurance, to providing top-notch food from our in-house culinary team.
You thrive in a fast-paced, high-energy environment and have the ability to follow established procedures while looking for ways to make impactful process enhancements. You’re passionate about benefits and want to be seen as the subject matter expert related to benefits for the Human Resources team and all global employees. You are excited about creating a meaningful, unique benefits program including creating eye-catching communications, benchmarking against competitors, and collaborating with employees, management and vendors all while remaining up-to-date on regulations and benefits compliance.
- Manage and administer global employee benefit programs including, but not limited to medical, dental, vision, life, disability, leave of absence, wellness, and retirement plans.
- Work with management to recommend employee benefit programs by examining, evaluating, and optimizing global employee understanding, acceptance, and interests while considering costs, regulatory requirements, and competitive advantages of recommended programs.
- Work with global vendors and HR Partners to resolve complex benefit issues including but not limited to eligibility, claim payments, and benefit plan interpretations.
- Ensure benefit programs comply with the provisions of local, state, federal, and statutory regulations (e.g. ACA, COBRA, HIPAA, ERISA, OSHA etc.) and support data gathering and reporting for required government filings. Stay up-to-date with health and welfare benefit related laws, ongoing developments, and upcoming regulations.
- Work cross-functionally to ensure various departments and management levels are informed about upcoming changes and proposed or final regulations.
- Work with the HR team, managers and global business partners to create, implement, and update policies, FAQ, check lists, training presentations, and other related communication materials.
- Bachelor's degree and 5+ years in employee benefits administration including vendor and project management as well as data collection and analysis.
- Experience with administering leave of absence and retirement programs
- Subject matter expert in health care policies and regulations (FMLA, ERISA, ACA, HIPAA, etc.).
- Proficient at excel and google sheets is a requirement
- Reliable, detail oriented, and responsive to complex issues.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- ADP Workforce experience preferred
- Comfortable dealing with competing priorities and prioritization of tasks. Ability to liaise with vendors and make strategic decisions to further business objectives.
- Build partnerships and work collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives and deliver customer-centric solutions
- Take on new opportunities and challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, an enthusiasm.
- Identify and implement strategic initiatives as a business process change agent.
If you don't think you meet all of the criteria above but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join the team.
More About Us
Thumbtack is a local services marketplace – one of the largest in the U.S. – that helps millions of people hire local professionals. With hundreds of unique service categories, customers can find a Thumbtack pro for almost anything: landscapers, DJs, personal trainers, even piano teachers. And in making these connections, we empower local pros too. Helping them get new customers and make a living doing what they’re great at.
Founded in 2008 and headquartered in San Francisco, Thumbtack is backed by over $250 million in investment from Sequoia Capital, CapitalG, Tiger Global Management, Javelin Investment Partners and Baillie Gifford.
Thumbtack embraces diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.