Have you ever tried to hire a plumber? How about a house cleaner? If you have, chances are it took you way longer than it should. In the era of instant-everything, it’s crazy that you still have to waste an entire afternoon researching, calling and vetting local service professionals whenever you need one. The market for hiring them is huge — $700B in the US alone — but the process is inefficient and largely offline.
Thumbtack is transforming this experience end-to-end, building a marketplace that matches millions of people with local pros for almost any project across 1,000 categories. In making these connections, not only do our customers get more done every day, our pros are able to grow their businesses and make a living doing what they’re great at.
About the Role
If you’re hungry for success and driven to have a career in corporate sales, this is the right fit for you. We’re looking for smart, energetic, passionate, articulate and competitive individuals to join the Sales team and accelerate the growth of the company. The Strategic / Enterprise sales team is relatively new at Thumbtack so if you’re passionate about building the foundation of something and have a strong sense of ownership, this role offers significant opportunity. Sales Reps will directly impact the overall growth of the company by finding new high capacity professionals / companies, by improving the quality & quantity of pros on Thumbtack and by driving revenue for the company.
- Identify key decision makers and/or key influencers within an organization, such as Executives, Directors and other leaders, to sell Thumbtack as a meaningful lead source
- Help key stakeholders gain insight around their market, customers, and competitors which will allow them to make quicker and better data driven decisions
- Drive adoption, expansion, & retention of Thumbtack within these large organizations
- Become an expert in the Thumbtack product and clearly articulate why every business professional needs the product as part of their business plan
- Work hand-in-hand with Account Managers and strategize methods to ensure every account is thriving and successful on Thumbtack
- Drive revenue for our department and the company as a whole
- Build the foundation of a much larger enterprise sales team by helping to build out the playbook, tools, processes, etc. that will enable this team to scale
- Work closely with Thumbtack leadership and product teams to identify opportunities with these accounts, product features required to service them, then help to build the business case for developing these features
- Maintain accurate and current documentation for all accounts
- You understand that your highest priority is closing sales & driving long-term revenue--this isn’t a churn and burn environment because our marketplace becomes more valuable with quality, consistent, stable supply
- You are Strategic - You understand the importance of each interaction with your clients and the ripple effect those interactions can have
- You see the big picture - You’re proactive in anticipating challenges and quick to come up with ideas to resolve those challenges
- Strong problem solving skills - You're resourceful and will know our product so well that you really understand what the customer needs; solution-oriented in identifying problems and developing / offering solutions--both with professionals and with internal stakeholders
- Have a collaborative attitude to share techniques, feedback, and success with the team
- Passion for working in a start-up environment
- Excited about building the proper foundation to scale into Enterprise level companies
- A world-class proactive, communicator, comfortable consulting at the Director, VP and C-level
- Ability to gain in-depth knowledge of clients’ business needs, organizational structure, business processes and financial structure
- Ability to use consultative, solution selling
- Ability to manage and expand existing strategic customer accounts
- Ability to leverage both internal and external resources/partners to drive results
- Proficient in Salesforce and preferably Sales Navigator
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Must have 3-5 years of sales or business development experience
Nice to have Qualifications
- Experience with Salesforce, Sales Navigator
- Experience with Google Sheets and Slides
- Business-related coursework
- Willing to be flexible with your working hours (pros will occasionally have needs in odd hours and we will need to work to be reasonably responsive to them)
We offer a competitive wage plus benefits, as well as some of the excellent perks and flexibility that come with startup life.
More About Us
Thumbtack is a local services marketplace that connects customers who need to get things done with local, skilled professionals who can help. From plumbers and painters to DJs and personal trainers, Thumbtack helps millions of customers find the right professional for their project in 1,000 unique categories. Founded in 2009 and headquartered in San Francisco, Thumbtack is backed by over $250 million in investment from Sequoia Capital, CapitalG, Tiger Global Management, Javelin Investment Partners and Baillie Gifford.
Thumbtack embraces diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.