Have you ever tried to hire a plumber? How about a house cleaner? If you have, chances are it took you way longer than it should. In the era of instant-everything, it’s crazy that you still have to waste an entire afternoon researching, calling and vetting local service professionals whenever you need one. The market for hiring them is huge — $700B in the US alone — but the process is inefficient and largely offline.
Thumbtack is transforming this experience end-to-end, building a marketplace that matches millions of people with local pros for almost any project. In making these connections, not only do our customers get more done every day, our pros are able to grow their businesses and make a living doing what they’re great at.
About the Digital Experience Team
The mission of Thumbtack’s Digital Experience team is to leverage scalable technologies to improve experiences for customers and professionals seeking support. We’re responsible for maintaining and optimizing existing digital channels and planning and launching new ones. To accomplish this we partner with multiple internal teams across our offices in Salt Lake City, San Francisco, and The Philippines.
About the Role
As a Digital Experience Specialist, you’ll work with a variety of technologies--including chatbots and machine learning tools--to reactively answer customer and pro questions and proactively reach out to various user segments with tips, resources, and other support content. You’ll also contribute to our efforts to funnel support inquiries to the most appropriate channels (and deflect them from others).
- Assist with evaluation, selection, and implementation of automation and support technologies
- Work with our analytics team to identify automation opportunities and optimize automation efforts
- Lead effort to revamp and expand email autoresponder system for greater impact
- Lead effort to set up and deploy support chatbots in Thumbtack’s various online properties
- Lead various automation experiments and recommend next steps based on results
- Assist with the development of team processes and practices
- Bachelor’s degree or similar industry experience or certifications
- Experience in content, customer experience or UX design, digital channel management, automation, or related operations roles
- Portfolio of related project-work or examples
- Evidence of successful project management
- Commitment to continual professional development and improvement
- Technological savvy
- Strong collaboration and communication skills (verbal and written)
- Advanced degree or additional professional certifications and experience
- History of promotion and advancement
- Experience and positive results within other tech companies or marketplaces
- Experience with chatbots and machine learning tools
- Experience managing external technology vendors
More About Us
Thumbtack is a local services marketplace that connects customers who need to get things done with local, skilled professionals who can help. From plumbers and painters to DJs and personal trainers, Thumbtack helps millions of customers find the right professional for their project in 1,000 unique categories. Founded in 2009 and headquartered in San Francisco, Thumbtack is backed by over $250 million in investment from Sequoia Capital, CapitalG, Tiger Global Management, Javelin Investment Partners and Baillie Gifford.
Thumbtack embraces diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.