Have you ever tried to hire a plumber? How about a house cleaner? If you have, chances are it took you way longer than it should. In the era of instant-everything, it’s crazy that you still have to waste an entire afternoon researching, calling and vetting local service professionals whenever you need one. The market for hiring them is huge — $700B in the US alone — but the process is inefficient and largely offline.
Thumbtack is transforming this experience end-to-end, building a marketplace that matches millions of people with local pros for almost any project. In making these connections, not only do our customers get more done every day, our pros are able to grow their businesses and make a living doing what they’re great at.
About the Team:
The Pro Success Manager will sit on the Pro Success team here at Thumbtack. The Pro Success Team is a fast evolving team designed to drive success for our professionals. The Pro Success Team assists new Thumbtack professionals through onboarding to ensure they are set up to get the right jobs from the right customers and then provides ongoing insights, advice and success management to ensure the professionals are reaching their goals and objectives continuously. Currently, the Pro Success Team manages the success of Thumbtack’s most successful and engaged professionals and oversees the onboarding experience of the new high potential professionals through a combination of outbound phone, email, and chat efforts. Additionally, the Pro Success team works closely with the product, category management, and marketing team to design and execute targeted campaigns to new and established professionals at Thumbtack.
About the Role:
Having the right professionals on Thumbtack is critical to customers getting their projects done - and the Pro Success team members have the important job of partnering with our most successful pros to make sure they remain successful on the platform. In addition, the team strives to understand how professionals measure success and leverage data to constantly show value and discovering growth and expansion opportunities. The members of this team are Thumbtack advocates and have a challenger mentality. They constantly offer a unique perspective and give the pro actionable recommendations while also being highly empathetic and keeping the pros’ success as their north star. The team is driven first and foremost by an outside-in perspective, constantly advocating for the pros to internal Thumbtack teams such as product and category management in order to continuously improve the product and experience. As the Pro Success team is relatively new, the person that joins this team has to have an entrepreneurial spirit and a founders mentality of testing and failing fast in order to define the right customer journey and engagement plan for our pros
What you’ll do:
- Own and proactively engage with and manage a portfolio of the highest revenue Thumbtack professionals
- Understand your professional’s strategic goals and challenges and support them to extract the full value of their Thumbtack experience by providing appropriate education, actionable advice, useful content, and clear communication as needed
- Partner with internal teams to drive new innovative ways of engaging with professionals
- Based on pro health and market indicators, prioritize your outreach efforts to mitigate churn and position opportunity
- Build and execute on customer success plans
- Introduce pros to new product features and drive adoption of those features
- Propose expansion opportunities to meet the professional’s growth targets
- Share best practices with professionals and colleagues
- Translate pro feedback into product requirements
- Help developing professionals for case studies
- Organize and lead ‘value reviews’
- Have strong knowledge of the Thumbtack platform, always staying up-to-date on the latest product updates understanding how this impacts pros in your portfolio
- Become better at what you do every day!
- Curious - you love learning, and developing new skill-sets and expertise
- Challenger - you are not afraid of asking hard and challenging questions. You are not concerned with having happy professionals, rather you focus on delivering good and measurable outcomes for the professionals in your portfolio
- Analytical - you use data to look for reasons and causes and have the ability to think about all the factors that might affect a situation. You measure impact before you message it. Your actions and recommendations are rooted in data and insights to consistently demonstrate value
- Bias towards action - you’re excited to move fast, identify opportunities improvement, and make an impact
- Resourceful - you find ways to get things done, even when the odds are against you. You look beyond the obvious for alternative solutions to accomplish the goal.
- Adaptable - you embrace frequent change and appreciate constant iteration of approaches, strategies, and tactics.
- Resilient - you are able to rebound from setbacks and adversity when facing difficult situations
- Thoughtful partner - “Make Each Other Better” is one of our company’s core values, and one that you take to heart. You are excited about the idea of working collaboratively with the team and other departments to foster relationships, and promote success across the organization
- Holistic thinker - you think holistically about the end-to-end engagement journey of your professionals and foster cross-functional efforts in order to make the pros experience effortless
- Bachelor degree or 5+ years of experience in a customer success, account management, sales, or consulting role
- Technology enthusiast, positively curious, and eager to build and learn
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and agile environment, but also help build scalable and sustainable processes
- Experience with analyzing data, deriving and communicating insights
- Ability to create basic reports in Google sheets and basic presentations in Google slides
- Strong ability to build and nurture trusted relationships
- Proven ability to manage, utilize, and prioritize your time and efforts
- Ability to work full time M-F (40 hrs)
More about us:
Thumbtack is a local services marketplace that connects customers who need to get things done with local, skilled professionals who can help. From plumbers and painters to DJs and personal trainers, Thumbtack helps millions of customers find the right professional for their project in 1,000 unique categories. Founded in 2009 and headquartered in San Francisco, Thumbtack is backed by over $250 million in investment from Sequoia Capital, CapitalG, Tiger Global Management, Javelin Investment Partners and Baillie Gifford.
Thumbtack embraces diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.