Have you ever tried to hire a plumber? How about a house cleaner? If you have, chances are it took you way longer than it should. In the era of instant-everything, it’s crazy that you still have to waste an entire afternoon researching, calling and vetting local service professionals whenever you need one. The market for hiring them is huge — $700B in the US alone — but the process is inefficient and largely offline.
Thumbtack is transforming this experience end-to-end, building a marketplace that matches millions of people with local pros for almost any project. In making these connections, not only do our customers get more done every day, our pros are able to grow their businesses and make a living doing what they’re great at.
About the Role
Growth Marketing at Thumbtack is at the intersection of marketing, data, and technology. We are looking for a Growth Marketing Associate to support our growing Paid Social program. The ideal candidate is energetic and a self-starter willing to dig in and own the foundation of our program. They can ramp up quickly and work effectively with little oversight and prioritize and manage their own work, clearly tying it to the goals of the larger team, and the business as a whole.
- Campaign management
- Own the optimization and management of the Thumbtack Customer Paid Social program across both Facebook and Instagram Ads, including program expansion, bid & budget management, target audience development & refinement, creative iteration, and landing page testing
- Manage various campaign types (standard, dynamic, video, IG/FB stories, etc.) across various tactics (retargeting, prospecting, re-engagement, cross-sell, etc.)
- Proactively find new opportunities for growth and efficiency gains
- Research and leverage Paid Social industry trends and competitive analysis to inform marketing strategies
- Develop and execute A/B testing programs to improve campaign performance
- Process automation
- Identify opportunities to automate processes, working with product, engineering and analytics teams to build in-house paid marketing tools (e.x. audience automation, creative optimization, campaign building, performance reporting and forecasting)
- Develop an effective optimization process to quickly identify and respond to changes in performance
- Data analysis
- Pull and analyze reports to extract insights and transform those insights into actionable changes that will improve performance
- Work closely with the Analytics team to understand the performance of campaigns and tests; develop dashboards to monitor performance over time
- Partner with in-house design and creative teams to concept, produce, refine, and iterate thumb-stopping social creative that tells our brand story while achieving KPIs
- Guide asset production according to platform best practices and past performance trends
- Create, test, and refine target audience strategy using signals and data from Facebook, website traffic, app traffic, and CRM
- Continuously improve how we find our target consumers, and ensure we reach them in timely and relevant ways
- Communication and collaboration
- Communicate with Growth Marketing team to share performance, insights and new opportunities
- Partner with Thumbtack’s Facebook team to explore new platform opportunities, secure access to beta features, and provide value to other Thumbtack teams (Creative, Analytics, etc.)
- 2-4 years direct experience managing Paid Social programs across Facebook & Instagram at scale, while exceeding specific KPIs
- BA / BS degree in marketing or quantitative discipline (Statistics, Business, Economics) preferred
- Strong proficiency with Excel/Google Sheets (pivot tables, vlookups, basic modeling), in addition to basic competency in SQL
- Demonstrated experience improving performance of Paid Social campaigns through creative testing
- High attention to detail and the ability to set and hit aggressive project deadlines
- Ability to thrive within a fast paced, high stakes but incredibly supportive Growth Marketing team
- Clear, concise communication style and comfort working with a diverse group of people
- Experience with Facebook Dynamic Ads
- Experience with Video Ads
- Experience with Pinterest, Snapchat, and Twitter Ads
- Experience with pixel and tag management systems
- Experience with audience automation platforms
- Experience in mobile marketing and analytics
- Experience at a high growth tech company
More About Us
Thumbtack is a local services marketplace – one of the largest in the U.S. – that helps millions of people hire local professionals. With hundreds of unique service categories, customers can find a Thumbtack pro for almost anything: landscapers, DJs, personal trainers, even piano teachers. And in making these connections, we empower local pros too. Helping them get new customers and make a living doing what they’re great at.
Founded in 2008 and headquartered in San Francisco, Thumbtack is backed by over $250 million in investment from Sequoia Capital, CapitalG, Tiger Global Management, Javelin Investment Partners and Baillie Gifford.
Thumbtack embraces diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.