Have you ever tried to hire a plumber? How about a house cleaner? If you have, chances are it took you way longer than it should. In the era of instant-everything, it’s crazy that you still have to waste an entire afternoon researching, calling and vetting local service professionals whenever you need one. The market for hiring them is huge — $700B in the US alone — but the process is inefficient and largely offline.
Thumbtack is transforming this experience end-to-end, building a marketplace that matches millions of people with local pros for almost any project. In making these connections, not only do our customers get more done every day, our pros are able to grow their businesses and make a living doing what they’re great at.
About the Workplace Experience Team
The Thumbtack Workplace Experience Team engages, connects, and inspires our Thumbtack team. We curate a positive environment that embodies company values and empowers our Thumbtack team to #Go.
About the Role
The Workplace Experience Team has set high standards for the Thumbtack employee experience to ensure our team feels welcomed and supported and has the tools they need to deliver their best work. The Workplace Experience Lead embodies the Thumbtack values, has a customer-first outlook that influences their work, and utilizes their expertise to lead our team of three in office, facilities, and event operations.
- Supervise the work the of the Workplace Experience Team through supportive leadership of teammates and ensuring timely delivery of action items.
- Prioritize projects and tasks of the team, including but not limited to, facility improvement projects, day-to-day office operations tasks, special projects, team events, and safety and security.
- Serve as on-the-ground point of contact for culinary service provider, Thomas Cuisine.
- Demonstrate strong judgment in decision making, and keep Workplace Experience Manager aware of progress of all operations.
- Lead efforts to document processes and procedures.
- Lead efforts to build and track team budgets.
- 4+ years of professional experience leading office/facilities operations or similar roles.
- Proven track record of juggling multiple projects at once and delivering top-notch outcomes on time.
- Experience as a lead project manager, guiding and supervising a team’s work.
- A strong sense of pride in personal accountability, as well as team accountability.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and ability to work well with teammates across all departments and at different levels in the company.
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite, Google Suite, Slack, etc.
- Interest in Thumbtack’s mission and creating a space for our team to succeed.
Job Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Provide a high-level of support to team members by responding to and resolving questions and issues as necessary through our ticketing system, Zendesk. Follow-up with other team members to ensure tickets are being completed.
- Lead management of all routine and ad hoc office maintenance, construction and facility requests, including sourcing providers, working with property managers, overseeing work and ensuring budgets and quality standards are met for each project.
- Oversees and supports planning and execution of internal company-wide events.
- Oversee office moves, including internal seating changes in the office. Take the lead as necessary, and support team members as they lead.
- Align on events and office-related issues across all Thumbtack offices.
- Lead the design and implementation of ‘on brand’ company-wide and office specific communications and projects.
- Ensure the team is maintaining relationships with numerous office vendors, building managers and janitorial staff to ensure quality and effective delivery of service and accurate billing.
- Establish, document and communicate office policies, key processes, vendor lists, etc.
- Experience using Zendesk and Asana.
- Experience managing large events (500+ people in attendance).
More About Us
Thumbtack is a local services marketplace that connects customers who need to get things done with local, skilled professionals who can help. From plumbers and painters to DJs and personal trainers, Thumbtack helps millions of customers find the right professional for their project in 1,000 unique categories. Founded in 2009 and headquartered in San Francisco, Thumbtack is backed by over $250 million in investment from Sequoia Capital, CapitalG, Tiger Global Management, Javelin Investment Partners and Baillie Gifford.
Thumbtack embraces diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.