Have you ever tried to hire a plumber? How about a house cleaner? If you have, chances are it took you way longer than it should. In the era of instant-everything, it’s crazy that you still have to waste an entire afternoon researching, calling and vetting local service professionals whenever you need one. The market for hiring them is huge — $700B in the US alone — but the process is inefficient and largely offline.
Thumbtack is transforming this experience end-to-end, building a marketplace that matches millions of people with local pros for almost any project. In making these connections, not only do our customers get more done every day, our pros are able to grow their businesses and make a living doing what they’re great at.
About the Go to Market Quality Team
Our Quality team champions the Thumbtack experience by understanding the behaviors, skills, and resources that drive our support interactions to allow our professionals and customers to get more done.
About the Role
The QA analyst acts as the voice of the customer/pro, relying on review of key conversations and feedback to provide guidance for our sales team, as they work to deliver world-class sales experience at every touchpoint. This role will help identify the trends that matter most to key sales outcomes by working with sales leadership and running ongoing analysis of key sales conversations and outcomes. The analyst will also help drive consistency in sales team behaviors, ensure data integrity and improve department performance through shared insights, trends, and learnings.
- Measure, report and calibrate team and call center performance on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis
- Continuously monitor interactions both remotely and in-person side by sides through the eye of the customer, looking for knowledge and experience factors
- Develop a deep understanding of Thumbtack’s professionals and customers, especially in sales contexts
- Facilitate calibrations to drive optimization, standardization, as well as to promote learning and continuous improvement
- Collaborate with department leadership and coaches to identify and streamline processes and process gaps to enhance effectiveness and improve the experience
- Ensure QA evaluations consist of constructive feedback to promote an empowerment culture rather than punitive actions
- Utilize systems and tools to gather data and analyze trends or patterns affecting quality
- Share trends with appropriate stakeholders (department manager, training, product ops, etc) that will assist in improving specialist behaviors and department performance trends
- Maintain a comprehensive working knowledge of policies, procedures, products and share knowledge with all levels of the organization
- Understand key department goals and objectives and proactively support department initiatives
Assist with oversight, development, and provide input for the development of QA forms and processes
- Proactively look for ways to improve the customer/pro experience
- Ability to establish positive working relationships with multiple units and different levels of staff.
- Excellent analytical, research, problem-solving, and organizational skills
- Must be well-organized, proactive, resourceful, and flexible in a fast-paced environment
- Has a high level of professionalism
- Previous Quality Assurance experience or ability to demonstrated aptitude in related analytical and enabling team projects
- Comfortable giving and receiving feedback
- Desire to improve the customer and pro experience and ability to identify areas of improvement
- Subject matter expert in (or the ability to quickly learn) sales processes, procedures, and needs
- Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree
- Project management skills or experience
- Experience with CX or quality assurance tools or systems
- Experience with analytical tools or systems
More About Us
Thumbtack is a local services marketplace that connects customers who need to get things done with local, skilled professionals who can help. From plumbers and painters to DJs and personal trainers, Thumbtack helps millions of customers find the right professional for their project in 1,000 unique categories. Founded in 2009 and headquartered in San Francisco, Thumbtack is backed by over $250 million in investment from Sequoia Capital, CapitalG, Tiger Global Management, Javelin Investment Partners and Baillie Gifford.
Thumbtack embraces diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.