Have you ever tried to hire a plumber? How about a house cleaner? If you have, chances are it took you way longer than it should. In the era of instant-everything, it’s crazy that you still have to waste an entire afternoon researching, calling and vetting local service professionals whenever you need one. The market for hiring them is huge — $700B in the US alone — but the process is inefficient and largely offline.
Thumbtack is transforming this experience end-to-end, building a marketplace that matches millions of people with local pros for almost any project. In making these connections, not only do our customers get more done every day, our pros are able to grow their businesses and make a living doing what they’re great at.
About the People Team
Our People team believes in the power of our people. We know that with the right culture, development and support, our people can achieve anything; and we are inspired by this everyday.
We do this by crafting an employee experience that starts from hiring incredible people, investing in their development, and providing a holistic approach to benefits from fully-paid health insurance, to providing top-notch food from our in-house culinary team.
About the Role
Our People programs and initiatives are only effective if we can be leaders in how our company operates, and seamlessly integrate them into how our business works. That’s where a People Business Partner like you comes in.
- Be a trusted partner for the SF office. Be a collaborative partner that has a strong pulse of the SF office, a trusted partner to employees and leaders, and an influencer and point-of-contact for other People Teams including Recruiting, HR Operations, People Programs, and Workplace Experience.
- Provide expertise in key people domains. Manage key people domains for the SF office, including employee engagement, performance management, employee relations, and key interfaces with total rewards, learning and development, recruiting etc., with ease, finding the right balance between what’s right for the employee and Thumbtack. Be a confidant and coach across SF, to drive individual development, continuous improvement, and high performing teams.
- Drive change through people programs. Contribute to the design and rollout of key people programs (e.g., engagement action planning, performance management, compensation planning, development etc.) for the SF teams, while also influencing the continuous improvement of these programs.
- Be a leader, and help us build. Provide a key interface between the People Teams and the SF office; ensuring People programs and activities are integrated into the way the business operates and client insights are leveraged to influence the development of People programs. Anticipate and contribute to developing frameworks and processes to help us scale quickly.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
- 5+ years of HR business partner, generalist or equivalent experience
- Experience with: Performance management, employee relations, coaching, compensation and total rewards.
- Experience in a high-growth environment, with an emphasis on building and scaling
More About Us
Thumbtack is a local services marketplace – one of the largest in the U.S. – that helps millions of people hire local professionals. With nearly 1,000 different categories, customers can find a Thumbtack pro for almost anything: landscapers, DJs, personal trainers, even piano teachers. And in making these connections, we empower local pros too. Helping them get new customers and make a living doing what they’re great at.
Founded in 2008 and headquartered in San Francisco, Thumbtack is backed by over $250 million in investment from Sequoia Capital, CapitalG, Tiger Global Management, Javelin Investment Partners and Baillie Gifford.
Thumbtack embraces diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.