Have you ever tried to hire a plumber? How about a house cleaner? If you have, chances are it took you way longer than it should. In the era of instant-everything, it’s crazy that you still have to waste an entire afternoon researching, calling and vetting local service professionals whenever you need one. The market for hiring them is huge — $1 trillion in the US alone — but the process is inefficient and largely offline.
Thumbtack is transforming this experience end-to-end, building a marketplace that matches millions of people with local pros for almost any project. In making these connections, not only do our customers get more done every day, our pros are able to grow their businesses and make a living doing what they’re great at.
These customers and pros come from all walks of life and every zip code in the country. We want our team to reflect that. If you come from an underrepresented background in tech, we strongly encourage you to apply. We challenge ourselves every day to make this a place where you can thrive just the way you are, so we can build a product that does the same for our customers and pros.
About the Recruiting Team
We’re a team of recruiters, recruiting coordinators, sourcers, and operations specialists who partner with every function of the business to drive the recruiting process at Thumbtack. Our mission is to engage, excite, and hire people who will achieve their career potential and contribute to the company’s success. We do this by identifying the right individuals for the right roles, assessing them rigorously and without bias, and inspiring them to become advocates of our business and values.
About the Role
We're looking for an intelligent and organized recruiting coordinator to provide scheduling and administrative support throughout the hiring process. This person will serve as an integral partner in building candidate relationships, providing an excellent candidate experience from application to hire, and managing relationships with supported teams/hiring managers.
- Coordinate several phases of the recruiting process including scheduling, securing conference rooms, and arranging travel. Scheduling will be a top priority for this role
- Be a Thumbtack ambassador, providing candidates with a delightful and memorable interview experience
- Partner with recruiters and hiring teams to extend offers and track acceptances
- Build strong relationships with hiring teams by providing operational expertise and strategy throughout the hiring process, including proactively identifying pain points
- Work with fellow recruiting coordinators to manage interviewer tracking and training
- Bring fresh eyes to our processes - we always seek to improve! Execute and offer ideas on how to improve our evergreen operations work (candidate reimbursements, candidate surveys, swag management, process documentation, training new RCs, etc)
- Provide support as needed for recruiting events (i.e. industry meetups, internal tech talks, etc.)
- Create/update job requisitions in our applicant tracking system
- In addition to the responsibilities above, RCs should work with the RC Manager to identify a personal professional development plan and identify special projects to support their growth
If you don't think you meet all of the criteria below but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join the team.
- Masterful time management and organizational skills
- Excellent verbal/written communication
- Ability to interact effectively with team members and candidates at all levels with professionalism, tact, and diplomacy
- Growth mindset with a strong interest to learn an operational skill set
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills
- Ability to understand and adapt to rapidly changing priorities and environments
- Proficiency with Google Apps (Mail, Calendar, Docs, etc.)
- Integrity in handling confidential and sensitive information
- Interested in Thumbtack’s mission and contributing to the success of the company
- Bachelor degree or two years minimum relevant experience (administrative work, scheduling, etc.)
- Previous experience using an applicant tracking system and/or scheduling software (we use Greenhouse and GoodTime)
More About Us
Thumbtack is a local services marketplace – one of the largest in the U.S. – that helps millions of people hire local professionals. With hundreds of unique service categories, customers can find a Thumbtack pro for almost anything: landscapers, DJs, personal trainers, even piano teachers. And in making these connections, we empower local pros too. Helping them get new customers and make a living doing what they’re great at.
Founded in 2008 and headquartered in San Francisco, Thumbtack is backed by over $420 million in investment from Sequoia Capital, CapitalG, Tiger Global Management, Javelin Investment Partners and Baillie Gifford.
Thumbtack embraces diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.