Have you ever tried to hire a plumber? How about a house cleaner? If you have, chances are it took you way longer than it should. In the era of instant-everything, it’s crazy that you still have to waste an entire afternoon researching, calling and vetting local service professionals whenever you need one. The market for hiring them is huge — $700B in the US alone — but the process is inefficient and largely offline.
Thumbtack is transforming this experience end-to-end, building a marketplace that matches millions of people with local pros for almost any project. In making these connections, not only do our customers get more done every day, our pros are able to grow their businesses and make a living doing what they’re great at.
About the Role
As a Sr. Technical Program Manager for Salesforce, you are a critical partner and subject matter expert for the Sales, Onboarding, and Success teams within our Pro Go to Market organization. You will work closely with these teams and their leaders to design, implement, and refine business strategies and tools, and to provide close support to ensure business continuity, give critical insight, and improve effectiveness. You are a creative and forward thinker, technical and process consultant, problem solver, facilitator, influencer, communicator, and doer. Your charter is to...
- Discover, consult on, elicit and document requirements, scope, and prioritize systems strategy and projects for Sales, Account Management, and Pro Success teams
- Ensure initiatives align with the missions and goals of Thumbtack and Pro Go to Market
- Coordinate delivery of the highest priority projects including: working with cross-functional, technical teams to execute program deliverables, deliver results on time, document solutions and transition to operations. (e.g. improving business process, employee and pro experience/success, business/pro insights, employee productivity, infrastructure, bugs)
- Be a proactive and reliable partner with business and development teams
- Expert knowledge of sales, onboarding, and client success teams, processes, and tools
- A self-driven leader who champions change and thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Technically advanced with excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities
- A clear, reliable communicator with attention to detail who can organize and lead meetings effectively
- Proactive and diligent about building and maintaining trusting relationships with others
- Equally comfortable explaining recommendations in layman's terms to partners and discussing technical solutions with the implementation teams
- Open to feedback and coaching, and strive to #AlwaysBeImproving
- Discover business needs and strategic opportunities through thoughtful analysis and close collaboration with business leaders, functional teams, development teams, and outside sources
- Partner with business teams and tech leads to define comprehensive requirements, come up with viable, scalable, future-proof solutions, and translate them into actionable project plans and tasks
- Identify, screen, help evaluate, recommend, and coordinate integration of new, relevant technologies and innovations for the Sales, Onboarding, and Success teams when applicable
- Drive quarterly planning with respect to technical projects within supported areas including scoping, prioritization, roadmapping, and allocation
- Utilize agile project management framework and techniques to plan, document, and manage initiatives from conception through delivery and closure
- Work closely with systems administrators and developers, and product and marketing managers to deliver prioritized solutions
- Keep cross-functional stakeholders, contributors, and other interested parties engaged and up-to-date on project status and relevant details
- Ensure proper project closure by troubleshooting and resolving outstanding issues after launch, confirming the solution is in an acceptable state, documenting lessons learned from all perspectives, and facilitating handoff to a business owner if applicable
Required experience and skills
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in field
- 5+ years experience leading complex, technical, cross-functional projects (3+ involving Salesforce)
- 3+ years experience driving continuous improvement projects with sales, onboarding, and/or success teams, with a track record for strong execution that drives results
- Expert in Salesforce architecture and best practices
- Expert in agile project management methodologies
- Advanced root cause, process, and business analysis skills
- Ability to proficiently work with the following systems and resources:
- Salesforce (including sales, service, and marketing solutions)
- SaaS integrations
- Telephony systems
- Relational databases and SQL
- Data visualization / business intelligence
- Process diagramming tools
- Cloud-based technologies
- Basic technical understanding of...
- Experienced with business operations and how different teams work together within and across mature organizations (e.g. Business Applications, Customer Support, Sales, Success, Marketing, and Product)
- Ability to see, define, and build towards the big picture when discovering and delivering solutions
- Outstanding communication, collaboration and interpersonal skills
- Comfortable with and adaptable to changing dynamics and priorities
- Available to work at least 40 hours per week during business hours
- Flexible for occasional travel
- Previous leadership experience
- Salesforce certification(s)
- Previous experience as a sales rep, account manager, or client success manager
More About Us
Thumbtack is a local services marketplace – one of the largest in the U.S. – that helps millions of people hire local professionals. With hundreds of unique service categories, customers can find a Thumbtack pro for almost anything: landscapers, DJs, personal trainers, even piano teachers. And in making these connections, we empower local pros too. Helping them get new customers and make a living doing what they’re great at.
Founded in 2008 and headquartered in San Francisco, Thumbtack is backed by over $420 million in investment from Sequoia Capital, CapitalG, Tiger Global Management, Javelin Investment Partners and Baillie Gifford.
Thumbtack embraces diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.