Have you ever tried to hire a plumber? How about a house cleaner? If you have, chances are it took you way longer than it should. In the era of instant-everything, it’s crazy that you still have to waste an entire afternoon researching, calling and vetting local service professionals whenever you need one. The market for hiring them is huge — $700B in the US alone — but the process is inefficient and largely offline.
Thumbtack is transforming this experience end-to-end, building a marketplace that matches millions of people with local pros for almost any project. In making these connections, not only do our customers get more done every day, our pros are able to grow their businesses and make a living doing what they’re great at.
The Thumbtack kitchen prepares three nutritious, balanced and seasonally inspired meals per day, using primarily locally grown and sustainably sourced ingredients. We are passionate about providing delicious, healthy, and balanced meals and love the role that food plays in bringing the Thumbtack community together on a daily basis. We believe that sharing meals around quality food builds an environment that encourages collaboration and celebrates excellence.
The culture of our kitchen is playful, joyous and creative and we strive to challenge each other and ourselves to prepare the best food possible. We enjoy cooking from our roots as well as taking risks and trying new things.
About the Role
The Line Cook will work closely with a tight-knit team to prepare daily changing lunch menus for approximately 300 (and growing) employees of Thumbtack. Individuals in this role will also play an integral part in developing and maintaining kitchen systems such as receiving, proper food storage, FIFO rotation, completing opening and closing checklists, and ensuring that all meals served are delicious, beautiful, and on time. This is an incredible opportunity to be part of a self-operating employee food program with a team of talented individuals. This a fast-paced job in an expanding office environment with lots of room to grow.
- Prepare ingredients and follow instructions in accordance with daily menus
- Properly store and label protein, pantry, and produce orders
- Maintain daily upkeep, cleanliness, and maintenance of the kitchen
- Set up and breakdown of service
- Daily completion of opening and closing checklists
- Ensure time, temperature, and labeling standards
- Contribute to a positive and supportive working environment focused on Thumbtack and TACKitchen values
- Work with and maintain a sense of urgency
- Practice clear and direct communication
- 2+ years experience in a formal kitchen environment with a passion for food & people
- Positive attitude, sense of humor, strong work ethic, communication & patience
- Attendance & punctuality is required with schedule flexibility determined by needs
- Ability to be self-sufficient & make sound decisions on-the-fly
- Ability to ask for help, and contribute to problem solving
- Basic understanding of professional cooking & knife handling skills, local & seasonal ingredients & diverse cooking styles and cultures
- Understanding and knowledge of safety, sanitation & food handling procedures
- Basic ServSafe certification
- Must be able to lift 50+ pounds
- Must be able to stand for 8+ hours a day
Compensation: varies depending upon experience
Employment type: full time
How to apply: please send email to email@example.com with 1) why you are interested in the job, and 2) a summary of your work experience or resume.
More About Us
Thumbtack is the destination for getting things done—from house remodeling to event planning to music lessons and more. Each year, more than 200,000 professionals across the country service a growing 5 million Thumbtack projects in 1,100+ unique categories. Founded in 2009 and headquartered in San Francisco, Thumbtack has raised more than $275 million from Sequoia Capital, Tiger Global Management, Javelin Investment Partners, Baillie Gifford, and Google Capital.
- See what it’s like to work here
- Meet the pros who inspire us
- Follow Thumbtack on LinkedIn
- Check out TACKitchen on Instagram
Thumbtack embraces diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.