Have you ever tried to hire a plumber? How about a house cleaner? If you have, chances are it took you way longer than it should. In the era of instant-everything, it’s crazy that you still have to waste an entire afternoon researching, calling and vetting local service professionals whenever you need one. The market for hiring them is huge — $700B in the US alone — but the process is inefficient and largely offline.
Thumbtack is transforming this experience end-to-end, building a marketplace that matches millions of people with local pros for almost any project. In making these connections, not only do our customers get more done every day, our pros are able to grow their businesses and make a living doing what they’re great at.
Thumbtack is a local services marketplace that connects customers with the right professionals for anything they need done. Every day we rally around the impact Thumbtack has on people’s lives - from house cleaners, to yoga instructors to general contractors, we’re helping small businesses grow and thrive. Join our growing team in the quest to build THE destination for anything you need done, in an industry that is over $700 Billion in the US alone.
Over the past year, we have completely transformed our user experience and business model, and we are about to enter a phase of company growth that is powered by paid channels more than ever before. To enable this, we’re building our paid marketing team, and investing Engineering, Product and Analytics resources to partner with Marketing to build the channels, tools and product experiences that will help drive paid growth.
The next 12-18 months will be transformational for paid marketing at Thumbtack, and you’ll be leading our strategy, execution and team building around it.
About the Role
You’ll manage our Customer acquisition team across all channels. Today, that includes SEM, Facebook, national TV, app install networks, direct mail, and a handful of other channels. Over time, it will include anything and everything that can help drive new Customer growth for Thumbtack. You’ll work closely with Engineering, Analytics and Product team leadership to align on strategy around paid growth, and ensure we’re building the right tools to enable successful execution.
- You’re passionate about performance marketing that delivers massive and measurable results for the business
- You’re constantly looking at results and actively pushing new initiatives to drive growth and optimization across channels
- You are highly analytical, and thrive working with large datasets alongside data scientists, engineers and analysts to drive better performance
- You have not only built large performance marketing programs, but have also built and led world-class performance marketing teams
- You’re outgoing, friendly, and connect easily with a diverse range of people
- Lead strategy for paid marketing at Thumbtack for Customers
- Partner with Pro marketing team to make marketplace supply decisions and share channel best practices, infrastructure and channel roadmap
- Expand current channels through ongoing optimization, and build out new channels to drive future Thumbtack growth
- Partner with Analytics, Eng and PM to drive strategy around attribution, tracking, and landing experiences for all paid marketing
- Work closely with Creative to develop highly performant ads
- Work closely with Lifecycle/PMM team to make sure we’re optimizing acquisition efforts alongside deeper lifecycle/Product efforts
- 10-15+ years experience building and leading performance marketing teams at organizations with complex campaigns and significant budgets
- Must have hands-on experience personally managing SEM and other digital channels, as well as working with agencies/teams to execute
- Fluent across digital marketing channels - SEM, Facebook, app install networks, etc.
- Have built and managed teams of 5+, and have worked cross-functionally with engineers, analysts and PMs
- Strong analytical skills, including experience in spreadsheets, SQL, analytics and bid management tools
- Experience marketing to both consumer and business audiences
- Experience at a high growth tech company
- Compelling strategy leader, with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with email/notifications, SEO
- Experience with AdWords API / Scripts, Github, Python, and Scala
- Experience with offline channels (TV, direct mail, podcasts, etc.)
More About Us
Thumbtack is a local services marketplace that connects customers who need to get things done with local, skilled professionals who can help. From plumbers and painters to DJs and personal trainers, Thumbtack helps millions of customers find the right professional for their project in 1,000 unique categories. Founded in 2009 and headquartered in San Francisco, Thumbtack is backed by over $250 million in investment from Sequoia Capital, CapitalG, Tiger Global Management, Javelin Investment Partners and Baillie Gifford.
Thumbtack embraces diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.