At Thriva, we’re on a mission to help millions of people worldwide become actively invested in their long term health, through using health insights to help them thrive.
Thriva was the 7th fastest-growing business in Europe in 2021, and we also recently ranked 3rd on the Sunday Times 100 list of Europe’s fastest-growing companies.
Our consumer business is for everyone who wants to improve and understand what is happening inside their bodies. From taking a home test to getting actional results and GP advice all through a website and app.
Our B2B business, Thriva Solutions offers health services and provides a full end to end diagnostic service (DAAS). We offer speed, reduced risk and scaling of diagnostic capabilities for partners who work with us. We’re building a new category in the market and would love for you to come on this journey with us.
Meet our product team!
The product team is responsible for shaping the customer experience and bringing our products to life. From research to build, there are plenty of complex challenges we work on together everyday. We work collaboratively with other teams in the company, and have a diverse team with experience across start-ups, agencies and big companies.
We work in small cross functional teams, where everyone has a voice and contributes to the product and team. We try to remain nimble and experimental, using data from experiments to guide our decisions and quickly change tac if need be.
You are a Backend Engineer and passionate about working collaboratively with people across different functions.
- Ideally you have Ruby experience but if not, we can bring you up to speed, any object orientated language is great.
- You enjoy writing well structured and tested code.
- You have experience designing, building and securing APIs.
- You can demonstrate an understanding of good database design.
- You are security aware! You understand risks and best practice.
- You have previous experience integrating with external 3rd party services.
Our current Tech stack
- Ruby, Rails, Go - powers our APIs and some of our internal frontends
- React native and Typescript - for our mobile app
- RSpec, Jest, Cypress - for testing
- Python - for our Machine learning models
- Heroku, AWS, Docker - for most of our infrastructure
- Postgresql, RabbitMQ, Redis, Neo4J - for data and async messaging
- Github, CircleCI - for source control and continuous integration
How we work: We work in a hybrid way and offer flexible working options. Our office in Old street is open for anyone who wants to go in – whether you find the office is the best place to work and want to come in frequently; or you enjoy a change of scenery and are meeting your team weekly or monthly.
We want to help you do your best, be yourself, and ultimately never have that "Sunday fear", here are some of our perks:
- Employee option scheme 📈
- 28 days holiday (plus bank holidays) ✈️
- 6-week paid sabbatical on your 4-year Thrivaversary 🌴
- Wellbeing budget, from a mindfulness app subscription, to childcare, a new hobby or a massage, you choose how you want to spend it 🧘
- Private healthcare with Bupa 🩺
- Enhanced parental leave 🐥
- Nursery scheme 🍼
- Income protection & Life insurance 🏡
- £600/year professional development budget 🌱
- Free Thriva tests 💜
- 2 days paid voluntary / charity / community work🎗
- Pet friendly office 🐶
- Climate perks programme 🌍
- 12 weeks work from anywhere per year 🗺
We embrace diversity at Thriva. To build a product that is loved by everyone we need a team with all kinds of different perspectives, experiences and backgrounds. That's why we're committed to hiring people from different backgrounds, race, religion, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, gender identity, age or disability.
We understand that applying for a new job takes a lot of work and we really value your time. We are really looking forward to reading your application!