At Thriva, we’re constantly trying new things to understand how we can improve people's lives by putting better health in their hands with tools they can trust, advice they can action, and the support to get them there.
We’re rated as the best preventative healthtech startup on TrustPilot and we’re only just getting started. We’re scaling fast and working hard to offer people the best level of understanding, support, and tracking throughout their health journey. We’re a Series A backed company and have raised c. £10m to-date with VCs like Target Global, Guinness Asset Management, and Pembroke VCT.
At Thriva we are building out our internal finance team with a vision to be first-class, that excels in delivering the core financial management tasks that a fast growth company requires and is a crucial value add function that helps all the teams at Thriva unlock their growth potential.
We’re looking for a Finance Analyst to act as the bridging partner across our finance, data and growth teams and as an integral part of key decision making processes. They will provide insightful analysis that supports/shapes the business strategy, and create and maintain key financial models used for forecasting/scenario analysis.
Day to day you will
- Build financial models to simulate different strategic opportunities for the company, and report on the results of any analysis to stakeholders
- Support in assessment of potential M&A opportunities including modelling overlays vs base organic investment plan and helping prepare financial plans for fundraising
- Collaborate with colleagues from various teams including Data, Growth, Operations, Product and other teams, leveraging data and financial models to perform ad-hoc analysis
- Distil complex financial data from multiple data sources into simple unit economics models, and report on key unit economics metrics such as CAC and LTV
- Turn complex data into clear and informative presentations for non-finance people to understand the underlying financial impact of what’s being presented and the decisions to be made
- Present financial insights and recommendations from such date to drive profitability and help optimise financial results
- Use analytical skills to help the core finance team with complex reconciliations of high volume cost and stock data where required for month end reconciliations
- You have a recognised accounting qualification (ACA, ACCA, CIMA) and/or a grounding in finance
- You're passionate about proactively monitoring trends in our data (financial and KPI) and assessing new opportunities to improve business performance
- You have a high level of experience with spreadsheet packages and working with transactional datasets
- You follow best practice in financial modelling of opportunities and potentially worked in a business valuation setting / in a transaction
- You have the ability to work with data - likely having experience with SQL and/or exploiting functionality of BI tools (Looker)
- You are a clear, honest communicator who demonstrates good interpersonal skills and is able to advise senior non-finance stakeholders
- Truly care
- Intelligence Pace
- Stay humble
How we work: During the pandemic we are working from home 100% of our time. Outside of the pandemic era, we offer flexible working options with a minimum of 2 days in office per week.
We embrace diversity at Thriva. To build a product that is loved by everyone we need a team with all kinds of different perspectives, experiences and backgrounds. That's why we're committed to hiring people from different backgrounds, race, religion, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, gender identity, age or disability.
We understand that applying for a new job takes a lot of work and we really value your time. We are really looking forward to reading your application!