At Thriva, we’re constantly trying new things to understand how we can improve people's lives by putting better health in their hands with tools they can trust, advice they can action, and the support to get them there.
We’re rated as the best preventative healthtech startup on TrustPilot and we’re only just getting started. We’re scaling fast and working hard to offer people the best level of understanding, support, and tracking throughout their health journey. We’re a Series A backed company and have raised c. £10m to-date with VCs like Target Global, Guinness Asset Management, and Pembroke VCT.
Come join our Product team!
We’re a humble bunch who truly care about what we’re building and how it can help people. We’re responsible for shaping our users’ experience and bringing our products to life. So our users are empowered to take control of their health.
You’ll be the second Content Designer to join our team — working alongside our Lead Content Designer, Aisling. While we do have teams with different specialities and focus, most of our work spans across multiple areas. This means you’ll work with lots of different people on a range of challenging problems.
What your week will look like
While we’re looking for someone who cares a lot about the words we use, this is only one aspect of the role. You’ll also get the chance to:
- work with Product Designers on user journey maps and user stories
- research the language that speaks to our users’ needs
- create mockups and prototypes — we use Figma
- design simple, intuitive user experiences
- notetake and moderate on user research calls
- use qualitative and quantitative data to iterate on products and features
- join sketching sessions, workshops, and design crits
- ensure our tone and style is consistent across the product
Love a fast-paced environment? So do we. As a startup, we move quickly, ship often, and iterate as we go.
We’re looking for someone who enjoys:
- being curious about our users and identifying their needs
- understanding how a user feels at a particular point in the journey and how we can best help them
- advocating for our users — so we’re focused on solving the right problems
- thinking in systems and flows — not isolate screens or features
- turning complex problems into clear user flows
- taking initiative and communicating your ideas to the team — with strong rationale behind your thinking
- translating jargon into plain language
- focusing on the nitty-gritty details — whether it’s a missing Oxford comma or the wrong capitalisation
- Someone who has healthcare experience — like experience working in this industry or a science background.
Note: This is a full time position (5 days a week), however we are open to discussing the option of working 4 days a week.
How we work: During the pandemic we are working from home 100% of our time. Outside of the pandemic era, we offer flexible working options with a minimum of 2 days in office per week.
We embrace diversity at Thriva. To build a product that is loved by everyone we need a team with all kinds of different perspectives, experiences and backgrounds. That's why we're committed to hiring people from different backgrounds, race, religion, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, gender identity, age or disability.
We understand that applying for a new job takes a lot of work and we really value your time. We are really looking forward to reading your application!