At Thriva, we’re constantly trying new things to understand how we can improve people's lives by putting better health in their hands with tools they can trust, advice they can action, and the support to get them there.
We’re rated as the best preventative healthtech startup on TrustPilot and we’re only just getting started. We’re scaling fast and working hard to offer people the best level of understanding, support, and tracking throughout their health journey. We’re a Series A backed company and have raised c. £10m to-date with VCs like Target Global, Guinness Asset Management, and Pembroke VCT.
Why work with us
You’ll be working alongside humble people who truly care about what we’re building and how it can help people. We are creating a truly personalised product for each customer, able to deliver tailored insights and advice to each person based on their health goals — whether that's trying to improve their sleep or live longer.
While we do have teams with different specialities and focus, most of our work spans across multiple areas. This means you’ll work with lots of different people on a range of challenging problems.
At Thriva we are building out our internal finance team with a vision to be a team that excels in delivering the core financial management tasks that a fast growth company requires, but crucially is also a value add function that helps all the teams at Thriva unlock their growth potential.
We’re looking for a Finance Assistant to join our Finance team to manage a variety of accounting related tasks. These include: Xero Accounts reconciliation, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Bank Payment Runs, and maintenance/implementation of financial controls.
Day to day you will:
- Reconcile and review bank / credit card transactions in XERO, ensuring all are correctly coded
- Supplier invoice processing and management of ledger
- Customer invoice processing and management of ledgers/credit control
- Liaising with customers and suppliers on payments and invoices
- Reviewing staff expenses, ensuring all back-up and approvals are provided and have VAT receipts
- Management of our accounts inbox dealing with ad-hoc queries
- Preparation/validation of underlying data for quarterly VAT submissions
- Preparing of payment runs and supporting documentation to ensure a smooth approvals process for senior management
- Supporting the CFO and the other finance team members in the housekeeping of control accounts and month-end close
Please note this is a new role in a new team and this does not give an exhaustive list of duties
- You have a recognised accounting qualification (part qualified)
- You have high level of experience with spreadsheet packages and working with transactional datasets
- You have experience and understanding of basic financial procedures
- You have excellent organisational skills
- You're eager to learn and help shape processes in the finance function
- You have a positive approach and like working with other teams to make their lives easier
- You are process orientated, with a mindset always looking to improve everyday tasks
How we work: During the pandemic we are working from home 100% of our time. Outside of the pandemic era, we offer flexible working options with a minimum of 2 days in office per week.
We embrace diversity at Thriva. To build a product that is loved by everyone we need a team with all kinds of different perspectives, experiences and backgrounds. That's why we're committed to hiring people from different backgrounds, race, religion, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, gender identity, age or disability.
We understand that applying for a new job takes a lot of work and we really value your time. We are really looking forward to reading your application!