At Thriva, we’re constantly trying new things to understand how we can improve people's lives by putting better health in their hands with tools they can trust, advice they can action, and the support to get them there.
We’re rated as the best preventative healthtech startup on TrustPilot and we’re only just getting started. We’re scaling fast and working hard to offer people the best level of understanding, support, and tracking throughout their health journey. We’re a Series A backed company and have raised c. £10m to-date with VCs like Target Global, Guinness Asset Management, and Pembroke VCT.
Meet our product team!
The product team are responsible for shaping the customer experience and bringing our products to life. From research to build, there are plenty of complex challenges we work on together everyday. We work very collaboratively with other teams in the company, and have a diverse team with experience across start-ups, agencies and big companies.
Why work with us
You’ll be working alongside humble people who truly care about what we’re building and how it can help people. We are creating a truly personalised product for each customer, able to deliver tailored insights and advice to each person based on their health goals — whether that's trying to improve their sleep or live longer.
While we do have teams with different specialities and focus, most of our work spans across multiple areas. This means you’ll work with lots of different people on a range of challenging problems.
We’re looking for a Lead Frontend Engineer to join our Product team. This is a hands-on role - you will be managing a team of engineers and leading the technical decisions of the team’s products in a cross-functional team. You will also be working with people from a variety of backgrounds, who truly care about how what we’re building can help others.
We believe in supporting people’s growth and enabling them to do some of the best work of their lives. Our Engineering leads use their technical expertise and commitment to their teams’ growth to deliver high impact products to our customers.
Day to day you will:
- Build high quality and responsive front end web applications.
- Create modular, well-tested, and maintainable code.
- Influence the technical direction of the team and engineering roadmap alongside other leads in the Product team.
- Identify, anticipate, and resolve performance and scalability issues.
- Work with your cross-functional team in challenges as we scale.
- Work closely with teams across Thriva to build innovative solutions to delight our customers.
- Support people in your team to grow personally and professionally.
- You will strengthen relationships across Thriva and leverage these connections to deliver amazing products.
We are building an awesome product and to do that we need a Lead Frontend Engineer to join our team.
- You have been a technical lead in cross-functional teams, leading architecture decisions and working with other Product and Engineering leaders.
- You’re a strong frontend software engineer who has built and shipped innovative products and features.
- You take pride in your work, striving for quality, and technical excellence.
- You’re passionate for helping people grow and seeing them successfully navigate complex challenges.
- You create a supportive and inclusive culture, listening to others, and finding the opportunities for your team to grow.
Our current Tech stack
- Ruby, Rails - powers our APIs and some of our internal frontends
- RSpec, Jest, Cypress - for testing
- Python - for our Machine learning models
- Heroku, AWS, Docker - for most of our infrastructure
- Postgresql, RabbitMQ, Redis, Neo4J - for data and async messaging
- Github, CircleCI - for source control and continuous integration
How we work: During the pandemic we are working from home 100% of our time. Outside of the pandemic era, we offer flexible working options with a minimum of 2 days in office per week.
We embrace diversity at Thriva. To build a product that is loved by everyone we need a team with all kinds of different perspectives, experiences and backgrounds. That's why we're committed to hiring people from different backgrounds, race, religion, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, gender identity, age or disability.
We understand that applying for a new job takes a lot of work and we really value your time. We are really looking forward to reading your application!