At Thriva, we’re constantly trying new things to understand how we can improve people's lives by putting better health in their hands with tools they can trust, advice they can action, and the support to get them there.
We’re rated as the best preventative healthtech startup on TrustPilot and we’re only just getting started. We’re scaling fast and working hard to offer people the best level of understanding, support, and tracking throughout their health journey. We’re a Series A backed company and have raised c. £10m to-date with VCs like Target Global, Guinness Asset Management, and Pembroke VCT.
Meet our product team!
The product team is responsible for shaping the customer experience and bringing our products to life. From research to build, there are plenty of complex challenges we work on together everyday. We work very collaboratively with other teams in the company, and have a diverse team with experience across start-ups, agencies, and big companies.
Why work with us
You’ll be working alongside humble people who truly care about what we’re building and how it can help people. We’re creating a truly personalised product for each customer, able to deliver tailored insights and advice to each person based on their health goals — whether that's trying to improve their sleep or live longer.
While we do have teams with different specialities and focus, most of our work spans across multiple areas. This means you’ll work with lots of different people on a range of challenging problems.
About the role:
We are building an awesome product and, to do that, we are looking for a Senior Manager of Product Management to join our existing team. This role will directly report into the Head of Product and be responsible for managing our PMs and ensuring that our PM practice is working at scale.
We’re looking for a conductor, rather than a virtuoso, to help our team sing in harmony. The ideal candidate will be someone who is organised, systematic and demonstrates a high degree of emotional intelligence.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Line management of product managers across a group of product squads
- Oversight and improvement of hiring process and development framework
- Setting up effective communication and reporting processes across teams to key stakeholders, and leadership
- Facilitating OKR planning across product teams and ensuring that goals are clearly aligned and understood
- Working closely with peers in engineering and design management on team staffing and dependencies
- Help the Product Management discipline develop and grow effectively
- Ensure strategic alignment across a number of product teams
- Work with others, particularly PMs and the Head of Product, to define and communicate short-to-medium product strategy and high level roadmap
- Work to drive consistent and efficient day-to-day process across teams
- Reduce cross-team dependencies, remove blockers and co-ordinate with other product stakeholders
This role is ideal for someone who:
- Is obsessed with the details and obsesses about figuring out how to ensure coordination, communication and alignment across teams flow well together
- Is focused about unblocking teams and helping ensure we are aligned and efficient in delivering on our short-medium term strategy
- Cares deeply about the development of individuals and on helping them develop and do their best work together
- Is data driven, has a strong understanding of product metrics, and brings a breadth of experience in product management to help coach and support PMs
You should apply if:
- You’ve got experience running multiple product teams at a fast-paced growing tech company
- You have managed PMs and care passionately about helping people grow and do their best work
- You’re super organised and enjoy running the engine that builds great products
How we work: During the pandemic we are working from home 100% of our time. Outside of the pandemic era, we offer flexible working options with a minimum of 2 days in office per week.
We embrace diversity at Thriva. To build a product that is loved by everyone we need a team with all kinds of different perspectives, experiences and backgrounds. That's why we're committed to hiring people from different backgrounds, race, religion, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, gender identity, age or disability.
We understand that applying for a new job takes a lot of work and we really value your time. We are really looking forward to reading your application!