At Thriva, we’re constantly trying new things to understand how we can improve people's lives by putting better health in their hands with tools they can trust, advice they can action, and the support to get them there.
We’re rated as the best preventative healthtech startup on TrustPilot and we’re only just getting started. We’re scaling fast and working hard to offer people the best level of understanding, support, and tracking throughout their health journey. We’re a Series A backed company and have raised c. £10m to-date with VCs like Target Global, Guinness Asset Management, and Pembroke VCT.
Meet our product team!
The product team is responsible for shaping the customer experience and bringing our products to life. From research to build, there are plenty of complex challenges we work on together everyday. We work collaboratively with other teams in the company, and have a diverse team with experience across start-ups, agencies and big companies.
We work in small cross functional teams, where everyone has a voice and contributes to the product and team. We try to remain nimble and experimental, using data from experiments to guide our decisions and quickly change tac if need be.
Our current Tech stack
- Ruby, Rails - powers our APIs and some of our internal frontends
- RSpec, Jest, Cypress - for testing
- Python - for our Machine learning models
- Heroku, AWS, Docker - for most of our infrastructure
- Postgresql, RabbitMQ, Redis, Neo4J - for data and async messaging
- Github, CircleCI - for source control and continuous integration
You are a Backend Engineer with experience working with Ruby and passionate about working collaboratively with people across different functions.
- You have experience with Ruby.
- You enjoy writing well structured and tested code.
- You have experience designing, building and securing APIs.
- You can demonstrate an understanding of good database design.
- You are security aware! You understand risks and best practice.
- You have previous experience integrating with external 3rd party services.
How we work: During the pandemic we are working from home 100% of our time. Outside of the pandemic era, we offer flexible working options with a minimum of 2 days in office per week.
We embrace diversity at Thriva. To build a product that is loved by everyone we need a team with all kinds of different perspectives, experiences and backgrounds. That's why we're committed to hiring people from different backgrounds, race, religion, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, gender identity, age or disability.
We understand that applying for a new job takes a lot of work and we really value your time. We are really looking forward to reading your application!