At Thriva, we’re constantly trying new things to understand how we can improve people's lives by putting better health in their hands with tools they can trust, advice they can action, and the support to get them there.
We’re rated as the best preventative healthtech startup on TrustPilot and we’re only just getting started. We’re scaling fast and working hard to offer people the best level of understanding, support, and tracking throughout their health journey. We’re a Series A backed company and have raised c. £10m to-date with VCs like Target Global, Guinness Asset Management, and Pembroke VCT.
Meet our product team!
The product team is responsible for shaping the customer experience and bringing our products to life. From research to build, there are plenty of complex challenges we work on together everyday. We work very collaboratively with other teams in the company, and have a diverse team with experience across start-ups, agencies, and big companies.
You’ll be joining a team working on a brand new part of Thriva’s technology platform, helping us reach even more people with our goal of putting better health in their hands.
Why work with us
You’ll be working alongside humble people who truly care about what we’re building and how it can help people. We’re creating a truly personalised product for each customer, able to deliver tailored insights and advice to each person based on their health goals — whether that's trying to improve their sleep or live longer.
While we do have teams with different specialities and focus, most of our work spans across multiple areas. This means you’ll work with lots of different people on a range of challenging problems.
What you'll be working on
- Responsible for the technical architecture of systems and services, justifying and communicating design decisions.
- You will shape and influence technology patterns, standards and policies across the business to ensure they fit into the broader business goals.
- Continuously evaluating and selecting appropriate cloud technologies in collaboration with teams to deliver on our platform.
- Providing mentorship for teams to address technical concerns, ideas and suggestions.
- Evolving and defining architecture governance, solving complex and high-risk issues or delivering architecture design.
- You can demonstrate leading migrations of applications.
- You proactively look for deeper underlying problems and opportunities and anticipate problems before they occur.
- You understand how technical governance works including the importance of risks and mitigation through assurance mechanisms.
- You design systems characterised by high levels of risk, impact and business or technical complexity.
- You build consensus between highly independent and diverse stakeholders through excellent communication.
- You understand trends and practices within the broader organisation and how this impacts technology choices.
- You understand trends and practices outside of your organisation and how these will impact hiring.
Our current Tech stack
- React Native using Expo framework for our mobile application
- Nuxt.js - for our server side rendered marketing website
- Ruby, Rails, - powers our APIs and some of our internal frontends
- Jest, Cypress - for testing
- Storybook & private NPM modules - for managing our UI component library
- Heroku, AWS, Docker - for most of our infrastructure
- Postgresql, RabbitMQ, Redis - for data and async messaging
- Github, CircleCI - for source control and continuous integration
How we work: During the pandemic we are working from home 100% of our time. Outside of the pandemic era, we offer flexible working options with a minimum of 2 days in office per week.
We embrace diversity at Thriva. To build a product that is loved by everyone we need a team with all kinds of different perspectives, experiences and backgrounds. That's why we're committed to hiring people from different backgrounds, race, religion, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, gender identity, age or disability.
We understand that applying for a new job takes a lot of work and we really value your time. We are really looking forward to reading your application!