At Thriva, we’re constantly trying new things to understand how we can improve people's lives by putting better health in their hands with tools they can trust, advice they can action, and the support to get them there.
We’re rated as the best preventative healthtech startup on TrustPilot and we’re only just getting started. We’re scaling fast and working hard to offer people the best level of understanding, support, and tracking throughout their health journey. We’re a Series A backed company and have raised c. £10m to-date with VCs like Target Global, Guinness Asset Management, and Pembroke VCT.
We are looking for an Associate to join the growing Operations & Commercial Team. Thriva has big plans for the coming years, and Ops has an important role to play to supercharge its growth in the most effective, high quality, and seamless manner.
You will be part of the broader Delivery team. We’re a cross-functional team made up of roles covering people, operations & commercial, regulation, clinical and customer experience. We’re also a mixture of gamers, actors, pet enthusiasts, chefs, and more, from various cultures and backgrounds.
What the role is all about
This role will be instrumental in ensuring that the day-to-day running of Thriva is smooth while we scale and innovate. You will support the team in working with our suppliers to deliver a seamless service, troubleshooting or finding solutions to issues, and optimising processes. In this role, you will also support cross-functional projects. No two days are ever the same in ops, so hopefully you are up for the challenge.
In this role, you will work directly with our Ops Managers on specific projects or processes, and work collaboratively with other functions, such as the Customer Experience team and others across the business.
- Managing day-to-day relationships with suppliers (both fulfilment and laboratories) in specific areas.
- Working closely with suppliers and other functions to identify and resolve specific operational issues (including driving root cause analysis).
- Carrying out key tasks to support day-to-day processes, such as stock ordering process, month-end invoicing, documentation for kits, weekly / monthly operational reporting.
- Completing analysis to drive insights and decisions (for example failure rate analysis).
- Tracking key operational metrics via a dashboard and work together with the ops team and suppliers to improve upon the metrics.
- Supporting Ops managers and collaborating with other functions in the delivery of key projects such as introduction of new tests, new fulfilment capabilities.
- Designing and implementing new operational and business processes to improve efficiency and effectiveness, including automation.
You have previous experience working in operations and with suppliers and are comfortable with numbers. In particular:
- You have experience in operations and working directly with suppliers (maybe even in the healthcare or start-up space)
- You are intellectually curious and want to get to the bottom of issues
- You communicate well, both written and verbally and know how to tailor your style to different audiences
- You have experience improving processes
- You love what Thriva do, and believe in our values
- You enjoy working collaboratively as part of a team to reach a mission together
- You have a flexible and agile mindset and get energised by different challenges
- You can prioritise
- You are happy to roll up your sleeves and get on with things
How we work: During the pandemic we are working from home 100% of our time. Outside of the pandemic era, we offer flexible working options with a minimum of 2 days in office per week.
We embrace diversity at Thriva. To build a product that is loved by everyone we need a team with all kinds of different perspectives, experiences and backgrounds. That's why we're committed to hiring people from different backgrounds, race, religion, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, gender identity, age or disability.
We understand that applying for a new job takes a lot of work and we really value your time. We are really looking forward to reading your application!