At Thriva, we’re constantly trying new things to understand how we can improve people's lives by putting better health in their hands with tools they can trust, advice they can action, and the support to get them there.
We’re rated as the best preventative healthtech startup on TrustPilot and we’re only just getting started. We’re scaling fast and working hard to offer people the best level of understanding, support, and tracking throughout their health journey. We’re a Series A backed company and have raised c. £10m to-date with VCs like Target Global, Guinness Asset Management, and Pembroke VCT.
Meet our product team!
The product team is responsible for shaping the customer experience and bringing our products to life. From research to build, there are plenty of complex challenges we work on together everyday. We work very collaboratively with other teams in the company, and have a diverse team with experience across start-ups, agencies and big companies.
What you'll be working on
- Making everyone around you happier, healthier, more productive and fulfilled.
- Supporting, coaching and developing high performing engineers through regular 1-2-1s, continuous feedback and through relationships with team leads.
- Implementing excellent team processes that allow us to work at an intelligent pace.
- Ensuring the right sizing of the team to deliver on team and company goals.
- Facilitating team members goals, and truly caring about their personal improvement and development.
- Owning your hiring, working with the talent and people functions to build a streamline, inclusive process and a first class on-boarding experience.
- Collaborating with the CTO and the Head of Engineering on setting the foundations for the healthy growth of Product and Engineering and developing our Engineering culture.
- Defining the roadmap by collaborating with the team and cross-functionally across the business.
Our current Tech stack
- Nuxt.js - for our server side rendered marketing website
- Ruby, Rails, - powers our APIs and some of our internal frontends
- Jest, Cypress - for testing
- Storybook & private NPM modules - for managing our UI component library
- Heroku, AWS, Docker - for most of our infrastructure
- Postgresql, RabbitMQ, Redis - for data and async messaging
- Github, CircleCI - for source control and continuous integration
You’re an engineering manager, with experience leading cross functional teams in fast-growth environments.
- You build a people first, collaborative and empathetic environment.
- You come from a technical background and enjoy keeping tabs on the community and latest innovations.
- You have experience managing and developing software engineers and building collaborative, caring, and high performing teams.
- You have experience working in cross-functional teams, collaborating with the various functions across Product, Design, and Data.
- You promote clear communication and expectations to drive people and organisational goals.
How we work: During the pandemic we are working from home 100% of our time. Outside of the pandemic era, we offer flexible working options.
We embrace diversity at Thriva. To build a product that is loved by everyone we need a team with all kinds of different perspectives, experiences and backgrounds. That's why we're committed to hiring people regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age or disability.
We understand that applying for a new job takes a lot of work and we really value your time. We are really looking forward to reading your application!