At Thriva, we’re constantly trying new things to understand how we can improve people's lives by putting better health in their hands with tools they can trust, advice they can action, and the support to get them there.
We’re rated as the best preventative healthtech startup on TrustPilot and we’re only just getting started. We’re scaling fast and working hard to offer people the best level of understanding, support, and tracking throughout their health journey. We’re a Series A backed company and have raised c. £10m to-date with VCs like Target Global, Guinness Asset Management, and Pembroke VCT.
We're looking for a Senior Mobile Engineer with experience in React Native to join our team (3-month contract) and work with us to build our product.
Meet our product team!
The product team are responsible for shaping the customer experience and bringing our products to life. From research to build, there are plenty of complex challenges we work on together everyday. We work very collaboratively with other teams in the company, and have a diverse team with experience across start-ups, agencies and big companies.
Why work with us
You’ll be working alongside humble people who truly care about what we’re building and how it can help people. We are creating a truly personalised product for each customer, able to deliver tailored insights and advice to each person based on their health goals — whether that's trying to improve their sleep or live longer.
While we do have teams with different specialities and focus, most of our work spans across multiple areas. This means you’ll work with lots of different people on a range of challenging problems.
Our current Tech stack
- Ruby, Rails - powers our APIs and some of our internal frontends
- RSpec, Jest, Cypress - for testing
- Python - for our Machine learning models
- Heroku, AWS, Docker - for most of our infrastructure
- Postgresql, RabbitMQ, Redis, Neo4J - for data and async messaging
- Github, CircleCI - for source control and continuous integration
We are building an awesome product and to do that we need a Senior React Native Engineer to join our team.
- You have experience of building React-Native apps from scratch
- You are detailed orientated in your front-end designs and have worked closely with designers on previous projects.
- You have experience managing and deploying apps through the App and Play stores
- You have experience setting up the infrastructure required for a React-Native (CI pipelines, test environments and so on)
- You write unit and integration tests for your code
How we work: During the pandemic we are working from home 100% of our time. Outside of the pandemic era, we offer flexible working options.
We embrace diversity at Thriva. To build a product that is loved by everyone we need a team with all kinds of different perspectives, experiences and backgrounds. That's why we're committed to hiring people regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age or disability.
We understand that applying for a new job takes a lot of work and we really value your time. We are really looking forward to reading your application!