At Thriva, we’re constantly trying new things to understand how we can improve people's lives by putting better health in their hands with tools they can trust, advice they can action, and the support to get them there.
We’re rated as the best preventative healthtech startup on TrustPilot and we’re only just getting started. We’re scaling fast and working hard to offer people the best level of understanding, support, and tracking throughout their health journey. We’re a Series A backed company and have raised c. £10m to-date with VCs like Target Global, Guinness Asset Management, and Pembroke VCT.
Meet our product team!
The product team is responsible for shaping the customer experience and bringing our products to life. From research to build, there are plenty of complex challenges we work on together everyday. We work collaboratively with other teams in the company, and have a diverse team with experience across start-ups, agencies and big companies.
We work in small cross functional teams, where everyone has a voice and contributes to the product and team. We try to remain nimble and experimental, using data from experiments to guide our decisions and quickly change tac if need be.
Hear from our Head of Engineering Yemi below;
Our current Tech stack
- Ruby, Rails - powers our APIs and some of our internal frontends
- React native and Typescript - for our mobile app
- RSpec, Jest, Cypress - for testing
- Python - for our Machine learning models
- Heroku, AWS, Docker - for most of our infrastructure
- Postgresql, RabbitMQ, Redis, Neo4J - for data and async messaging
- Github, CircleCI - for source control and continuous integration
You are a Senior Backend Engineer and passionate about working collaboratively with people across different functions.
- Ideally you have Ruby experience but if not, we can bring you up to speed, any object orientated language is great.
- You enjoy writing well structured and tested code.
- You have experience designing, building and securing APIs.
- You can demonstrate an understanding of good database design.
- You are security aware! You understand risks and best practice.
- You have previous experience integrating with external 3rd party services.
How we work: We work in a hybrid way and offer flexible working options. Our office in Old street is open for anyone who wants to go in – whether you find the office is the best place to work and want to come in frequently; or you enjoy a change of scenery and are meeting your team weekly or monthly.
We want to help you do your best, be yourself, and ultimately never have that "Sunday fear", here are some of our perks:
- Employee option scheme 📈
- 28 days holiday (plus bank holidays) ✈️
- 6-week paid sabbatical on your 4-year Thrivaversary 🌴
- Wellbeing budget, from a mindfulness app subscription, to childcare, a new hobby or a massage, you choose how you want to spend it 🧘
- Private healthcare with Bupa 🩺
- Nursery scheme 🍼
- Income protection & Life insurance 🏡
- £600/year professional development budget 🌱
- Free Thriva tests 💜
- 2 days paid voluntary / charity / community work🎗
- Pet friendly office 🐶
- Climate perks programme 🌍
- 8 weeks work from anywhere per year 🗺
We embrace diversity at Thriva. To build a product that is loved by everyone we need a team with all kinds of different perspectives, experiences and backgrounds. That's why we're committed to hiring people from different backgrounds, race, religion, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, gender identity, age or disability.
We understand that applying for a new job takes a lot of work and we really value your time. We are really looking forward to reading your application!