At Thriva, we’re constantly trying new things to understand how we can improve people's lives by putting better health in their hands with tools they can trust, advice they can action, and the support to get them there.
We’re rated as the best preventative healthtech startup on TrustPilot and we’re only just getting started. We’re scaling fast and working hard to offer people the best level of understanding, support, and tracking throughout their health journey. We’re a Series A backed company and have raised c. £10m to-date with VCs like Target Global, Guinness Asset Management, and Pembroke VCT.
Meet our clinical team!
The clinical team help ensure Thriva continues to deliver outstanding and valuable service to customers. That means helping shape the interpretation, advice and content customers receive, managing our network of GPs who report on results, or feeding in on product strategy. The team have worked for many years in the NHS, in particular as GPs, but also come with start-up experience and a passion for innovation in healthcare.
Why work with us
You’ll be working alongside humble people who truly care about what we’re building and how it can help people.
We’re creating something entirely new and we’re aware that we don’t know everything. So we’re constantly trying new things to understand how we can improve people's lives. We set quarterly goals which means you’ll always know what you’re doing tomorrow is going to help grow the company over the next few months.
We are trying to create a truly personalised product for each customer. That means delivering tailored insights and advice to each person based on their own health goals — whether that's trying to improve their sleep or live for longer. We’re also building a unique data set that will allow us to learn more than ever about people’s health and predict issues before they occur.
While we do have teams with different specialities and focus, most of our work spans across multiple areas. This means you’ll work with lots of different people on a range of challenging problems.
Startup life can be tough sometimes, so we like to bring as much fun as we can to the office!
We need you!
Reporting to the Head of Clinical Operations, you will help ensure Thriva deliver an outstanding service, specifically:
- Undertake clinical tasks essential to the effective day to day running of our service. This includes dealing with urgent results, and assisting non-clinical staff in responding to clinical queries from consumers and specialists.
- Undertake clinical audits and other quality improvement activities to ensure that we are working in a safe and efficient way.
- Help improve our doctor’s reporting process and the way that we deliver health information to customers.
- Work closely with the product team to test and improve the performance of our clinical Artificial Intelligence (AI).
- Help ensure our clinical content is as credible, helpful and patient-friendly as possible
- Reviewing clients’ blood tests and providing written interpretation of results to help us to improve our personalised health reports.
You are a Doctor who has completed your foundation training and who wants to apply your skills and knowledge to drive innovation in healthcare. You are excited about entering the world of start-ups and open to learning new ways of working. You will need to retain your license to practice with the GMC and be registered with a designated body for future appraisals.
- You have excellent clinical acumen and problem solving skills.
- You enjoy writing and have excellent written English.
- You have strong organisational skills: you’re known for proactively finding new ways of organising and improving processes
In addition to these, any experience in the following would be beneficial for this specific role:
- Copywriting experience
- Expertise or interest in Nutritional Science, Fitness, Wellness or Longevity.
How we work: During the pandemic we are working from home 100% of our time. Outside of the pandemic era, we offer flexible working options.
We embrace diversity at Thriva. To build a product that is loved by everyone we need a team with all kinds of different perspectives, experiences and backgrounds. That's why we're committed to hiring people regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age or disability.
We understand that applying for a new job takes a lot of work and we really value your time. We are really looking forward to reading your application!