Director, Content Marketing
We are looking for an experienced and passionate Director of Content Marketing to join our growing team. You will lead the strategy, planning and execution of innovative content marketing campaigns in collaboration with a team of experts across writing, digital experience, data, digital marketing and SEO. By creating world-class content, building a network of relationships with the media and executing on your promotional strategy, your campaigns will earn online media attention from journalists, publishers and bloggers and will drive placements, mentions or features for our brand. If you’re looking for the opportunity to lead our digital PR team to create winning marketing campaigns, cultivate our relationship with the media and build our brand, the Home vertical within Three Ships (3S Home) is the place for you!
In this leadership role, you will have the unique opportunity to join us on the ground floor of a young, growth-oriented company. 3S Home has only just scratched the surface of the endless opportunities and possibilities in the home services market, and a well-optimized content marketing team is a key part of accelerating that growth.
Successful candidates for this job have an entrepreneurial drive, rigorous analytical thinking, and a passion for creating and promoting winning content that helps homeowners make smarter decisions about their home.
- Create our digital marketing campaign roadmap and align resources to execute those plans
- Set objectives for the digital PR team and track campaign performance across key KPIs throughout the funnel (open rates, brand mentions, quality linking root domains (QLRDs), conversion rates, etc)
- Develop creative, industry-relevant ideas for marketing campaigns that stand out and elevate topics or conversations to earn media coverage and grow our audience across channels (web, social media, etc)
- Use innovative approaches to grow and maintain a network of strong relationships with journalists, reporters, bloggers, influencers, publishers and other media contacts
- Creatively build out newsworthy articles and content ideas that hook and engage our audience
- Create and execute on promotional strategies that use a variety of tactics to influence media coverage (arrange interviews, write press releases, etc)
- Collaborate with our analysts to identify, collect and draw insights from proprietary data sets that differentiate campaigns
- Leverage your experience with key tools such as Scrapebox, Pitchbox, Cision, Buzzstream, Ahrefs and others to inform your digital PR strategy and execution
- Establish what success looks like by setting key performance indicators (KPIs)
- Report on campaign performance and results
- Build dashboards and reports to communicate results with your team
- Collaborate closely with the Editorial and Design teams to stay aligned with brand goals and objectives, and deliver projects on-time
- Create, innovative thinking paired with practical mindset and great organization to created differentiated content campaigns
- Ability to lead development and execution of multiple high-profile digital PR campaigns end-to-end, including proven experience of winning campaigns that earn high-profile placements
- Ownership mentality with a high-level of initiative and a results-oriented mindset
- Ability to balance multiple high-profile projects simultaneously against a project timeline
- Excellent communication & presentation skills
- Strong collaboration & relationship building skills
- Excellent leadership skills to manage, coach, develop and inspire a growing team
- Bachelor’s degree in PR, Communications, Journalism, Marketing, or Business
- At least 3-5 years experience in a digital PR, journalist or content marketing leadership role; some experience in a media role preferred (publisher, journalist, newsroom or other)
- Familiarity with QuickMail, Buzzstream, Pitchbox, Ahrefs or similar tools
3S Home is part of the Three Ships family of digital businesses. Three Ships started as a digital agency in 2009, and today encompasses businesses in the Home, Auto, Legal, and Health industries with a collective goal of simplifying the ways people discover, research, and buy. We have a proven playbook and are looking for an entrepreneurial leader to apply it to new uncharted areas. You will have a front-row seat to build and grow a business and there is no cap on growth, promotions, or the opportunity to own and put your stamp on important projects. Here at Three Ships, we are a mighty team with subject matter experts in creative, branding, content strategy, SEO, paid media, and more. The opportunity to grow and learn new skills is endless. Bottom line, at Three Ships, we have a high bar for excellence, but also a real interest in each other and making work fun. We’re excited to have you see what we’re all about firsthand.
About 3S Home
- Established in Fall 2017, 3S Home targets the rapidly digitizing home services vertical and helps provide homeowners with the right information to make smart decisions on investing in and managing their home.
- Through our websites and partners, 3S Home has a proprietary audience of 25M+ homeowners and prime real estate in search engines.
- We have created a whole class and layer of guides, reviews, and ratings that are “best on the Internet” and editorially independent.
- We use this audience to help leading home services brands acquire new customers.
As a full-time employee of Three Ships, you’ll have access to competitive benefits, including flexible time off, health/dental/vision, 401k match, an annual Relax & Recharge Bonus, an annual Learning & Development stipend to enroll in class(es) of your choosing, and up to $75 mobile reimbursement. If you join us in person in our Raleigh or Charlotte locations, we have an office stocked with snacks, coffee, and just about every other beverage you can imagine.
How We Hire
All applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, gender identity, or any other discriminatory factors. Please note that we do not provide immigration sponsorship for this role. All offers are subject to a background check.