About the role
Threads is looking for a Senior Fullstack Engineer to join our Product team to help us make work more inclusive and shape the future of our work communication platform. Our Product Engineering team is responsible for designing and building the Threads experience on Web, Desktop, iOS, and Android.
From scaling our web client architecture to shaping our processes and culture, we are a fast-growing company; you'll have opportunities to wear many hats and directly influence the future of our company.
At Threads, we value inclusive, collaborative decision-making. You'll design features, discuss trade-offs, and review proposals with the entire engineering team and cross-functional stakeholders. We love approaching problems from first principles, and then prototyping and iterating. You’ll have the scope to make foundational decisions that will scale with the company and our customers.
We all use Threads for our own work. It’s super fulfilling to build a product that we ourselves love, as you build deep empathy with your customers. You also form strong opinions on how the product should work and how the platform should enable it. You’ll contribute your perspectives to product and platform discussions.
Your Success at Threads
- 3 months: You are ramped up on the codebase and team processes. You have the ability to debug and fix most issues. You complete tasks within well-defined projects with some guidance. Your work meets the design spec.
- 6 months: You implement a major feature in a well-defined project with less guidance. You iterate with product and design on prototypes. You often weigh in on product discussions, technical proposals, and code reviews.
- 9 months: You make architecture improvements that scale the team’s output and productivity. You’re seen as a mentor to peers and junior engineers. You enforce engineering best practices.
What You'll Do
- You'll work closely with our Product Manager and Designers through the entire development lifecycle, from ideation, prototyping, implementation, shipping, to maintenance.
- You'll work across our stack to build new capabilities into our platform.
- Our current stack is Typescript, React, Node.js, MySQL, Redis, AWS.
- You'll work on making our web client more performant, scalable, and delightful.
- You will build tools and frameworks that enable other engineers to do their best work.
What We Value
- 5+ years of experience building high-quality, maintainable, and extensible web clients
- 1 year of React experience is highly preferred
- You appreciate good design and you get excited to translate that into functional experiences that people use every day.
- You are comfortable working across the stack, and you enjoy building features, as well as designing and scaling architecture.
- You love using your technical skillset and knowledge to create well-crafted products that create meaningful value that customers use every day to do their work.
- You enjoy mentoring junior engineers or others learning the ropes of your area of expertise.
Founded in 2017, we are building a modern forum for work designed for teams to inform, discuss, and make decisions at scale. For leaders at every level of a company, Threads is the platform that best delivers on decision making by tapping into the collective wisdom of an entire team, providing everyone with a voice to assure better business outcomes.
We believe that the future of work is diverse and distributed, and supporting this type of workforce means creating an inclusive culture that fosters open communication, increased creativity, and improved business decisions. We live these values as a company, and in how we build Threads.
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive compensation, including stock options
- 401(k) plan (non company matching)
- Medical, dental and vision insurance, 100% coverage for you
- Unlimited paid vacation
- Monthly mental health stipend
- Monthly gym stipend
- Generous parental leave
- Work from home setup
- $300 office setup budget
- $250 for a new pair of headphones
- Remote Employees
- Stipend for internet coverage
- Monthly stipend for co-working space
- Quarterly budget to visit SF HQ
- 100% phone coverage on our business plan
- Top of the line hardware