About the role
Threads is a company that places emphasis on people and craft. We put people first, and value knowledge and influence from different perspectives, disciplines, cultures, and experiences so we can better practice human-centered design. Providing a platform for people to decentralize discussions, ideate collaboratively, and creating a space to mindfully respond is just the beginning.
We're building the future of work.
As a Product Designer at Threads, you'll be contributing and collaborating closely with teammates in the Product vertical on our web, desktop, and mobile platforms. We use Figma in-house, and if you haven't transitioned from Sketch, we'll be able to help with that. You'll ideate on existing experiences, process feedback, and craft new concepts with folks from different technical roles from beginning-to-end phases.
We're a diverse set of people who collaborate and appreciate designers who are able to communicate their design thinking broadly to the organization, work in lock-step directly with the Product team, and adapt to different workflows.
What You'll Do
- Empower people through design to use their voices and decentralize discussions.
- Partner closely with Content Strategy, Engineering, and Product Management to conceptualize, iterate, build, and implement on both our consumer and enterprise platforms.
- Know when to apply low and high fidelity concepts and prototypes.
- Ideate and craft end-to-end design flows.
- Conduct user interviews and research sessions alongside Design and Content Strategy.
- Work with Customer Success to retrieve feedback and Engineering to better understand our quantitative data to inform design decisions.
- Communicate efficiently and broadly with people on the broader team.
- Work in close collaboration with the Design team to further develop and maintain consistency in our design language.
- Support younger designers on the team and enable them to grow.
- Embrace our company culture and vocalize where we can be more inclusive.
What We Value
- You have 5+ years of experience as an individual contributor on a Product Design team.
- Your portfolio showcases a solid foundation in typography, visual design, interaction design, and product thinking.
- You value and welcome feedback and discussion from customers and teammates.
- You are able to facilitate design discussions.
- You are able to think through and create accessible and modular designs that scale.
- You have experience partnering with Product Managers and Engineers to develop strategy and scope.
- You are comfortable with navigating ambiguity.
- You have good written, visual, and verbal communication skills.
- You have a deep dedication to your craft.
- You have experience conducting research sessions.
- You have experienced a dynamic, rapid growth environment.
- You have experience in other design disciplines (3D, illustration, sound, game, animation, architecture, etc.).
- You have mentored peers in the past.
Founded in 2017, we are building a modern forum for work designed for teams to inform, discuss, and make decisions at scale. For leaders at every level of a company, Threads is the platform that best delivers on decision making by tapping into the collective wisdom of an entire team, providing everyone with a voice to assure better business outcomes.
We believe that the future of work is diverse and distributed, and supporting this type of workforce means creating an inclusive culture that fosters open communication, increased creativity, and improved business decisions. We live these values as a company, and in how we build Threads.