Want to build something new and exciting? Do you like building tools that can answer what demand might look like 6 months out for a particular product?
The Technology Organization (Product, Engineering and Data Science) at Thrasio is responsible for building the internal tools that will help ensure data quality and create opportunity for our great people here to quickly access data and make decisions related to growth of our brands (soon to be thousands of products) as we continue our goal of being the number one seller on Amazon.
In this role, you will be at the center of all the decision support for the company as we use the latest ML/DL and data science techniques to continuously optimize every aspect of the business, including inventory management, forecasting, lead gen analysis, keyword optimization and a whole new category of decision management for day to day operations.
Some of the day to day might include:
- Owning the full Data Science life-cycle from conception to prototyping, testing, deploying, and measuring its overall business value
- Developing quantitative models, leveraging machine learning and advanced data analysis techniques
- Architecting and building technical platforms for our algorithmic engines to run at scale
- Using data to improve the decision-making of everyone at Thrasio, and ultimately, to enhance the experience of our customers and our suppliers
- Serving as a consultative partner to the marketing and creative teams to understand needs and conduct analyses that will help determine targeting strategy
- Provide technical leadership and strategic initiatives for your team
- Deliver presentations to high level business stakeholders that tell cohesive, logical stories using data - while this is primarily a technical role, we value the communication of ideas and want to expose data science to the company at large.
What You Bring to the Party
- Conferred Bachelor of Science in Engineering or Computer Science or technical equivalent and 8+ years of experience in data science type roles
- Highly proficient in Python and SQL programming
- Machine Learning experience: supervised/unsupervised learning, recommendation systems, reinforcement learning, deep learning, time series etc.
> Prophet, arima, deepar, lstms
> RL or ranking work is a plus
- Ability to effectively work with business leads: strong communication skills, ability to synthesize conclusions for non-experts and desire to influence business decisions
- Intuitive sense of how quantitative and technical work aligns closely with business priorities and business value
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic environment where there can be degrees of ambiguity
- Intellectual curiosity and a strong desire to always be learning
- Be really excited with the idea of building something new, for a business tackling e-commerce in an entirely different way
- Work onsite at our office location in Walpole Massachusetts, Monday – Friday *when allowed
- Ability to work independently and/or within a collaborative team structure
- Affable and collaborative teammate who thrives within an inclusive team and company where individual choices are respected and supportive
- Highly organized with critical attention to details, along with good time and priority task management
- Strong communication skills in two parts: 1.) very strong writing skills utilizing the rules of English grammar; 2.) verbally clear, concise, and grammatically correct oral (speaking) communication skills in English
Plusses, not required
- Conferred Bachelor of Science in Engineering and/or Computer Science and 10+ years of experience post degree in data analyst or science roles
- Conferred Master of Science or PhD in a quantitative field, e.g. Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Engineering, Physics, Neuroscience, Operations Research, etc
- Product Ecommerce experience