Who We Are
Thrasio was established in 2018 with a clear mission: to become the largest, most profitable seller on Amazon. Since then, our growth has been dramatic; we have over $100MM in committed capital, with an impressive group of investors supporting our success. We’re sustainably profitable and growing at an expeditious rate across 5 global offices. Thrasio creates and sells over 1,000 best selling products on Amazon across a number of different categories; everything from pet supplies, to fitness equipment. We hire remarkably smart and driven individuals in a that collaborate and thrive on building a company that is disrupting the way e-commerce is done; if this sounds like you, let’s talk. At Thrasio, we’re reimagining, innovating and revolutionizing the consumer goods industry for the next century, come join us!
Thrasio is looking for someone with prior experience in a global supply chain finance organization to join our newly formed Financial Planning & Analysis team! This role is expected to identify the opportunities and drive process improvements within Supply Chain; create executive level analytics and reporting that track, identify trends and root causes and enable senior level leaders to make informed decisions to drive improved financial and operational performance. Prior experience within Supply Chain and Logistics is a must; preferably with experience within a large global manufacturing, distribution or similar ecommerce/online retail environment. This team will also be overseeing the evaluation of business performance and other key analyses (e.g., business cases, dashboards) that are strategic and of high importance to senior management.
Other responsibilities include:
- Establishes a process for analyzing, reviewing, and prioritizing projects and key initiatives, including IT projects, to ensure allocation of resources are aligned with key growth initiatives. Facilitates a cross functional review of business case analysis, performance, etc.
- Establishes and manages process for project prioritization, including business case development, capital planning, monthly business reviews, dashboard and management reporting
- Partners with the executive management, and their teams across, to provide strategic analysis, insights, reporting, and analytics that influence business decision-making
- Develops and maintains relationships with all departments within Thrasio acting as a trusted partner and advisor
- Understands the operating and financial dynamics of each of the departments (e.g., strategic plans and objectives, nature and timing of business cycles, drivers of financial performance)
- Ensures that standard processes, frameworks, and assumptions developed by the Financial Planning & Analysis group are followed
- Works with partners in an efficient, relevant, creative and impactful manner
- Oversees the evaluation of business performance and other key analyses (e.g., business cases) that are strategic and of high importance to senior leadership
- Developing, improving and issuing timely financial reporting for Executive Management, Committees, and Board of Directors
- Providing status of financial condition by collecting, interpreting, and reporting financial data
- Balances the needs of the business unit with corporate requirements and overall enterprise priorities
- Manages dedicated team and oversees execution of corporate planning, budgeting, forecasting, business case analysis, pricing, and contract and vendor management
- Ensures that rigorous and forward-looking analyses are applied to new and existing products/services across the company and that resources are effectively allocated and consistent with overall business unit and corporate strategies and objectives
- Participates in the corporate Financial Planning & Analysis group in improving overall planning process, including the conversion to a continuous planning and forecasting process that emphasizes future performance
- Continually promotes the consistent use of corporate processes, standards, frameworks, tools and guidelines established by the Finance and Finance Planning and Analysis
- Reviews and approves ad-hoc analyses that potentially have significant impact on one or more departments
- Identifies appropriate measures and continually monitor customer satisfaction to ensure that customers’ expectations are exceeded and that appropriate procedures / protocols are in place to address / elevate significant customer issues
What You Bring to the Party
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Accounting, Finance or related discipline required; related master’s degree preferred
- 3+ years of relative progressive experience
- Experience handling analysis work within supply chain is REQUIRED, or previous work within a supply chain role or similar environment.
- Strong understanding of finance, strategic planning, forecasting, accounting principles and practices, management principles, and preferred business practices
- Proven ability to function well independently as well as in a team, and be comfortable in a fast paced and dynamic environment with a high degree of accuracy
- Entrepreneurial and comfortable with ambiguous and change-led environments; self-confident with an authentic style that gravitates to championing change.
- Encourages diversity of thought and experience. Continually seeks new perspectives and feedback, taking an inclusive approach and engaging diverse points of view
- Proven ability to prioritize deliverables and projects to meet timelines efficiently, to adapt to changes in priorities quickly, and manage multiple initiatives simultaneously to drive projects to completion and deliver quality materials under tight deadlines
- Robust decision-making and analytical skills. Strong command of finance policies, operations, and risk management with the ability to grasp complex and detailed issues
- Experience determining when to escalate to management and identify the right stakeholders for decision making
Thrasio is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ancestry, age, or national origin. Further, qualified applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or protected veteran status.
Thrasio does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Thrasio employees or any other organization location. Thrasio is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.