Who We Are
Thrasio was established in 2018 with a clear mission: to become the largest, most profitable seller on Amazon. Since then, our growth has been dramatic; we have over $100MM in committed capital, with an impressive group of investors supporting our success. We’re sustainably profitable and growing at an expeditious rate across 5 global offices. Thrasio creates and sells over 1,000 best selling products on Amazon across a number of different categories; everything from pet supplies, to fitness equipment. We hire remarkably smart and driven individuals in a that collaborate and thrive on building a company that is disrupting the way e-commerce is done; if this sounds like you, let’s talk. At Thrasio, we’re reimagining, innovating and revolutionizing the consumer goods industry for the next century, come join us!
This position will be integrally involved in implementation of the legal strategy in support of Thrasio. This role will support, advise, and influence an extensive range of legal matters:
- Interacting with cross-functional legal and business teams involved in the marketing, sale, licensing, and distribution of products and services; and addressing substantive legal issues related to the intellectual property, compliance, marketing, sale, licensing and distribution of products
- Identifying legal issues, providing analysis of enterprise risks, creating and implementing solutions structured to achieve business objectives efficiently.
- Possess working knowledge of all Thrasio business lines and the legal issues associated with them, including technology service offerings. Familiarity with standard and fallback positions and ability to pose creative solutions to help meet business needs
- Anticipating internal and external business issues and recommending product, process or service improvements, coordinating Legal’s support of a variety of marketing, digital, consumer, social media, sales, procurement, and strategic and integrated marketplace initiatives
- Advising, counseling and influencing business stakeholders on:
- Legal and regulatory matters associated with their commercial and functional operations
- Product launch, marketing, and distribution strategies
- Preparing and delivering training programs designed to enhance compliance, manage risk, and discover and unlock opportunities
- Leading and influencing business stakeholders regarding the resolution of potential and pending issues
- Selecting, retaining and managing outside legal counsel to ensure high-value, cost effective representation
- Supporting other business and legal needs and initiatives, as necessary
- Fostering a diverse and inclusive corporate culture
- Ensuring that all contracts entered into by the company meets with their commercial and legal requirements and standards of compliance, including drafting and negotiating terms
What You Bring to the Party
- A juris doctor degree from an accredited law school
- Member, in good standing, of at least one U.S. state bar and, if not already a member in good standing in the Massachusetts state bar, a willingness to commit to membership in the Massachusetts state bar
- 5+ years experience at a law firm, or in-house (for profit or non-profit) practicing in mostly non-litigation, required
- 5+ year experience in in-house counsel (or equivalent) highly preferred, including experience in business strategy
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Demonstrable ability to effectively manage workflow to meet multiple deadlines, as well as the expectations of internal and external clients
- International business experience, including marketplace compliance and supply chain agreements highly preferred
- Ability and experience leading cross-functional business and legal teams and related projects
- Proven experience working closely and collaboratively with worldwide counterparts in developing business strategies and in performing technical legal analysis focused on maximizing and creating business opportunities and minimizing material risks
- Extensive experience with the marketing, sale, and distribution of consumer products and services is preferred
- Seasoned communication skills – ability to influence at a variety of levels and across functions in a complex matrix organization are required
- Ability to lead, inspire, manage and positively influence others is required
- Ability to recognize and elevate complex and/or controversial issues to senior management in a timely and effective manner
Thrasio is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ancestry, age, or national origin. Further, qualified applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or protected veteran status.
Thrasio does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Thrasio employees or any other organization location. Thrasio is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.