Who We Are
Thrasio was established in 2018 with a clear mission: to become the largest, most profitable seller on Amazon. Since then, our growth has been dramatic; we have over $100MM in committed capital, with an impressive group of investors supporting our success. We’re sustainably profitable and growing at an expeditious rate across 5 global offices. Thrasio creates and sells over 1,000 best selling products on Amazon across a number of different categories; everything from pet supplies, to fitness equipment. We hire remarkably smart and driven individuals in a that collaborate and thrive on building a company that is disrupting the way e-commerce is done; if this sounds like you, let’s talk. At Thrasio, we’re reimagining, innovating and revolutionizing the consumer goods industry for the next century, come join us!
Want to build something new and exciting? Do you like building tools that can answer what demand might look like 6 months out for a particular product? The Technology Organization (Product, Engineering and Data Science) at Thrasio is responsible for building the internal tools that will help ensure data quality and create opportunity for our great people here to quickly access data and make decisions related to growth of our brands (soon to be thousands of products) as we continue our goal of being the number one seller on Amazon. In this role, you will be a the center of all the decision support for the company as we use the latest ML/DL and data science techniques to continuously optimize every aspect of the business, including inventory management, forecasting, lead gen analysis, keyword optimization and a whole new category of decision management for day to day operations.
Some of the day to day might include:
- Owning the full Data Science life-cycle from conception to prototyping, testing, deploying, and measuring its overall business value
- Developing quantitative models, leveraging machine learning and advanced data analysis techniques
- Architecting and building technical platforms for our algorithmic engines to run at scale
- Using data to improve the decision-making of everyone at Thrasio, and ultimately, to enhance the experience of our customers and our suppliers
- Serving as a consultative partner to the marketing and creative teams to understand needs and conduct analyses that will help determine targeting strategy
- Provide technical leadership and strategic initiatives for your team
- Deliver presentations to high level business stakeholders that tell cohesive, logical stories using data - while this is primarily a technical role, we value the communication of ideas and want to expose data science to the company at large.
What You Bring to the Party
- 5+ years of experience in a quantitative or technical work environment or advanced degree (MS or PhD) in quantitative field (e.g. mathematics, economics, computer science, engineering, physics, neuroscience, operations research etc.)
- Intuitive sense of how quantitative and technical work aligns closely with business priorities and business value
- Ability to effectively work with business leads: strong communication skills, ability to synthesize conclusions for non-experts and desire to influence business decisions
- High comfort level with programming in Python is required
- Machine Learning experience (such as supervised/unsupervised learning, recommendation systems, reinforcement learning, deep learning,time series etc.)
- Prophet, arima, deepar, lstms
- RL or ranking work is a plus
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic environment where there can be degrees of ambiguity
- Intellectual curiosity and a strong desire to always be learning
- Be really excited with the idea of building something new, for a business tackling e-commerce in an entirely different way
Thrasio is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ancestry, age, or national origin. Further, qualified applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability, protected classes, or protected veteran status.
Thrasio does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Thrasio employees or any other organization location. Thrasio is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.