Who We Are
Thrasio was established in 2018 with a clear mission: to become the largest, most profitable seller on Amazon. Over the past year, our growth has been dramatic; we have over $100MM in committed capital, we’re sustainably profitable and by the end of 2019 will surpass 100 employees that sit across 5 global offices. Thrasio creates and sells over 1,000 best selling products on Amazon across a number of different categories; everything from household goods and pet products to fitness equipment and baby devices. We hire remarkably smart and driven individuals that thrive on building a company that is disrupting the way e-commerce is done; if this sounds like you, let’s talk. At Thrasio, we’re disrupting, reimagining, and innovating the consumer goods industry for the next century, join the ride.
This is a great opportunity for an organized and ambitious supply chain professional who’s eager to solve complex problems and work on a varied and growing portfolio of leading consumer products. You’ll have opportunities to work cross-functionally, increase your scope of work, and shape your career. Other responsibilities include:
- Manage daily, weekly and monthly inventory reports to ensure optimum inventory levels based on the most accurate demand data communicated by the brand management, marketing, purchasing & global logistics teams as well as third party logistics (3PLs)
- Build & execute inventory annual/quarterly/Monthly supply schedules for all SKUs based on adjusted sales annual/monthly forecasts and translate these forecasts to inventory replenishment recommendations
- Investigate and timely communicate any possible risks that may have significant impact on inventory replenishment variations.
- Attend weekly scheduling meetings to communicate needs and resolve issues pertaining to upcoming scheduling requirements.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to build forecasting models and automate inventory reports
- Manage excess/aging inventory and storage fees at Amazon and 3PLs
- Build effective communication channels and collaboration processes with the purchasing & global Logistics, brand management, marketing and finance teams to ensure uninterrupted availability of healthy levels of inventory
- Build and communicate accurate inventory reports to the finance/accounting/brand management teams
- Manage all inventory (Amazon FBA, E-commerce, retail) outbound transactions in close coordination with transportation carriers, and warehousing/third-party logistics service providers
- Build and manage effective auditable documentation system
- Manage ERP (NetSuite) inventory management, receipts, transfers, reconciliations and act as the department Inventory Super User, ensuring timely and reliable input data in the system.
- Nurture and manage relationships with Third Party Logistics (3PLs), software and service providers.
- Develop and implement key SOPs within areas of responsibility.
- Develop effective and reliable reporting dashboards and communicate these to leadership.
- Identify and introduce best practices for inventory planning and management within the organization.
- Manage, hire, and develop direct reports associated with inventory planning & management duties.
What You Bring to the Party
- Bachelor’s degree in mathematics, physics, statistics, engineering, quantitative finance, or a related field
- 5+ years’ work experience, including 2+ years in a supervisory role in inventory planning & management or a related field.
- 2+ years managing remote teams
- Experience managing 5000+ SKUs in a fast-paced environment with high variability particularly in retail/e-commerce (Amazon, Shopify, eBay, etc.) and consumer goods
- Experience in inventory management modelling, forecasting, reporting and automation
- Experience in ERP Procure-to-Pay & inventory modules.
- Proven track record in building, managing and leading teams.
- Well-developed communication skills (including verbal and written fluency in English), with strong interpersonal skills and ability to deal effectively with all levels of employees and management.
- Superior analytical, reasoning and problem-solving skills
- Poised under pressure
- Flexibility to work with global teams and various service providers
It’s great, but not necessary if you have:
- APICS CPIM certification or equivalent.
- Master’s degree in mathematics, physics, statistics, engineering, quantitative finance or a related role
- Experience working with NetSuite, procure-to-pay/inventory ERP module.
- Experience with Amazon Seller Central
Thrasio is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ancestry, age, or national origin. Further, qualified applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or protected veteran status.
Thrasio does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Thrasio employees or any other organization location. Thrasio is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.