Who We Are
Thrasio was established in 2018 with a clear mission: to become the largest, most profitable seller on Amazon. Since then, our growth has been dramatic; we have over $100MM in committed capital, with an impressive group of investors supporting our success. We’re sustainably profitable and growing at an expeditious rate across 5 global offices. Thrasio creates and sells over 1,000 best selling products on Amazon across a number of different categories; everything from pet supplies, to fitness equipment. We hire remarkably smart and driven individuals in a that collaborate and thrive on building a company that is disrupting the way e-commerce is done; if this sounds like you, let’s talk. At Thrasio, we’re reimagining, innovating and revolutionizing the consumer goods industry for the next century, come join us!
The VP, People at Thrasio will own and drive the function that is one of the biggest drivers of our success - our People. Reporting to the President/CEO, they will lead the People team from the front and embody our values in all they do. Our People leader will bring both head and heart to work every day along with a commitment to ensuring that Thrasio is a great place to work for all.
Our ideal candidate is a creative and effective strategist; has broad business and people interests and knowledge; can create and execute ideas. S/he should be inclined to boldly take on issues and challenges; to comfortably confront and work through conflict; to communicate messages without hesitation; to deal promptly and fairly with employee relations issues. S/he should be self-aware; responsive to feedback; and flexible and adaptable. Thrives in a dynamic environment and able to work on various projects simultaneously, requiring strong organizational and time management skills.
S/he should also have demonstrated experience in building trust and credibility with the executive team and employees at large; track record of successful execution of People-related programs and initiatives at high-growth, innovative companies; and a solid understanding of business strategies and priorities with an ability to connect business strategies into relevant people strategies. S/he should be a passionate, thoughtful and clear communicator, and be able to articulate People strategies to the Senior Leadership Team and our employees. The ideal candidate would be equal parts qualitative (soft) people skills and analytical prowess, as HR is a quantitative discipline too. Other detailed responsibilities include:
- Create Thrasio People team vision and strategy based on the company’s values, strategic and operational plans.
- Prioritize and resource the highest impact people strategies to best accelerate our business objectives.
- Own our compensation strategy, to determine appropriate compensation programs and following through on the implementation of such programs.
- Translate Thrasio’s People strategy into operational plans.
- Develop innovative and market-leading talent acquisition strategies, plans and programs to identify and develop talent within and outside Thrasio.
- Develop impactful Thrasio People programs; including, but not limited to, the programs for talent acquisition, compensation, benefits, performance management, diversity and inclusion, employee relations, succession planning, compliance, immigration, training, professional and organizational development.
- Track and analyze key metrics to assess the effectiveness of Thrasio's People programs.
- Inspire, lead and manage Thrasio's People team, including the overall People budget.
- Continue to build out and attract top talent to scale Thrasio's People team to support the company’s future growth.
- Create international programs to be aligned with local needs.
- Lead or participate in operations, and/or cross-functional, organizational projects.
What You Bring to the Party
- Minimum of 15 + years of HR-related experience, with at least 5 years in a senior leadership position managing HR in a hyper-growth, innovation-focused company.
- Startup fast growth company experience preferred.
- Master’s degree in HR, and/or MBA preferred or commensurate experience.
- Demonstrated track record in leading and executing HR efforts spanning across talent acquisition, compensation, benefits, performance management, diversity and inclusion, employee communications and relations, succession planning, compliance, immigration, training, professional and organizational development.
- Superior communication skills (written, oral, and listening) and excellent public speaking and presentation skills.
- Knowledgeable in HR management systems.
- Understands the value of a diverse workforce and experience in actively building diversity programs.
- Demonstrated ability to inspire and motivate, and build high-performing teams.
Thrasio is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ancestry, age, or national origin. Further, qualified applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or protected veteran status.
Thrasio does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Thrasio employees or any other organization location. Thrasio is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.