Who We Are
Thrasio was established in 2018 with a clear mission: to become the largest, most profitable seller on Amazon. Over the past year, our growth has been dramatic; we have over $100MM in committed capital, we’re sustainably profitable and by the end of 2019 will surpass 100 employees that sit across 5 global offices. Thrasio creates and sells over 1,000 best selling products on Amazon across a number of different categories; everything from household goods and pet products to fitness equipment and baby devices. We hire remarkably smart and driven individuals that thrive on building a company that is disrupting the way e-commerce is done; if this sounds like you, let’s talk. At Thrasio, we’re disrupting, reimagining, and innovating the consumer goods industry for the next century, join the ride.
Reporting to our SVP of Operations, this role will work out of our Houston, TX location with travel to our other offices in NYC and Walpole, MA. If you’re data-driven, strategic, and capable of fast-paced execution, we want to talk to you. The best candidate for this role is one with an analytical mind and strong project management skills, who can work well cross-functionally and is capable of effectively identifying, managing, and prioritizing growth initiatives. You and a small team would be responsible for monitoring, managing and optimizing all facets of your product portfolio. This is a critical role responsible for products that generate anywhere from $10mm - $50mm+ in revenue. Other responsibilities include:
- Analyze Amazon data (sales, conversation rate, sessions, etc.) to determine why certain products are trending up or down and develop strategies to quickly spot and fix low margin and low growth products
- Utilize data to assess facets of the product (size of package, cost of ads, reviews etc.) and determine if there is room for optimization and increased EBITDA margin.
- Create business plans outlining all strategic opportunities for your product portfolio, associated costs, timelines, and resources required to achieve a successful outcome.
- Execute on green-lit projects by working with cross functional teams to see them to fruition
- Act as an important voice for decisions regarding prioritization of business ideas across teams.
- Oversee a team of brand managers handling all day-to-day maintenance of keeping a product listing successful on Amazon. That includes best seller tags, monitoring metrics shifts, understanding market trends, daily reporting, competitive analysis, reviewing maintenance strategies, troubleshooting, and inventory monitoring.
- Interface with our legal team in the event of intellectual property or other legal issues, such as product suspension or identifying an illegal seller of our product.
- Coordinate with our Customer Obsession Manager and overseas customer service team to ensure we are providing a world class customer experience for your products.
- Partner with internal teams to develop a go-to-market strategy and facilitate successful, impactful product launches and international expansion.
- Coordinate with our supply chain team to ensure products are always in stock, premium quality, have updated packaging, and have all appropriate required certifications.
What You Bring to the Party
- 7+ years of experience in a heavily analytical role where you were responsible for a P&L, funnel optimization, analytics, and marketing. Such roles may include being a GM of a business unit, founder of an amazon business or other e-commerce business, direct response marketing, product owner.
- 4+ years of e-commerce experience managing a portfolio of products, preferably on Amazon.
- Deep understanding of the intricacies associated with project managing growth initiatives across multiple teams, and how to work cross functionally to get a product across the finish line (e.g. you’ve worked with legal and supply chain to ensure certifications are properly labeled on products)
- Experience as a P&L owner where you’ve been responsible for budgets, driving revenue and EBITDA growth. You understand how to use data to drive decision-making.
- Experience building project timelines and business plans. You’ve acted in a product manager capacity to be the responsible owner of executing business plans.
- Understanding of marketing basics and how to optimize for price and conversion.
- Someone who’s a great coach and team leader and has managed teams of at least 4.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, a high level of organization, and impeccable attention to detail.
- Ability to handle aggressive deadlines and prioritize work in a fast-paced, often ambiguous environment with fire drills coming up on a near-daily basis.
- Someone who enjoys streamlining processes and communication amongst teams to help maximize efficiency and remove bloat.
- Enthusiasm for a role that may change in scope as the company grows.
- A highly analytical self-starter who is diligent with deadlines and can manage multiple projects.
- Demonstrated ability to create engaging content, come up with creative ideas, and think outside the box.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, Marketing or a related field.
Thrasio is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ancestry, age, or national origin. Further, qualified applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or protected veteran status.
Thrasio does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Thrasio employees or any other organization location. Thrasio is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.