Who We Are
Thrasio was established in 2018 with a clear mission: to become the largest, most profitable seller on Amazon. Over the past year, our growth has been dramatic; we have over $100MM in committed capital, we’re sustainably profitable and by the end of 2019 will surpass 100 employees that sit across 5 global offices. Thrasio creates and sells over 1,000 best selling products on Amazon across a number of different categories; everything from household goods and pet products to fitness equipment and baby devices. We hire remarkably smart and driven individuals that thrive on building a company that is disrupting the way e-commerce is done; if this sounds like you, let’s talk. At Thrasio, we’re disrupting, reimagining, and innovating the consumer goods industry for the next century, join the ride.
This is a great opportunity for a seasoned supply chain professional who’s eager to solve complex problems and work on a varied and growing portfolio of leading consumer products. You’ll have opportunities to work cross-functionally, increase your scope of work, and shape your career. This role will work out of our Walpole, MA, with both international (5%) and domestic travel (15%). You’ll report to the SVP of Supply Chain & Logistics.
Supply Chain Management
- Lead Supply Chain Due Diligence activities in coordination with the Due Diligence, Legal, Brand Sellers, Suppliers and Service Providers to get a clear understanding of acquired SKUs, products, brands in scope as well as the acquired supply chain footprint (suppliers, sub-suppliers, service providers, collaborators, freight forwarders, 3PLs and warehouses, acquired inventory verification, etc.)
- Assess Supply Chain Due Diligence risks, translate these risks into business impacts and develop appropriate mitigation strategies
- Lead and supervise inventory planning and management activities during the migration phase to ensure inventory is at an acceptable levels during Amazon third-party FBA acquisition and migration in close coordination with Due Diligence, Brand Operations, Legal, and Finance teams.
- Coordinate with suppliers and all stakeholder’s migration Purchase Orders, cross-broader logistics activities and inventory verification
- Develop and implement efficient transition plans for smooth handover to the Procurement and Global Logistics team.
- Ensure that all products manufactured and/or delivered by suppliers meet quality and quantity requirements, collaborating closely with the procurement teams.
- Ensure that suppliers’ products, manufacturing materials, and processes meet all safety, regulatory, and compliance requirements both in country of manufacture and in markets of purchase.
- Collaborate with third-party certification bodies and lab test organizations to secure necessary certifications, ensuring the safety and compliance of all product labeling and packaging for the different markets of purchase.
Project Management & Special projects
- Lead Supply Chain special projects as assigned by leadership
- Managing a team of local & remote resources, overseeing training for assigned supply chain coordinators, and developing quality Supply Chain training materials
What You Bring to the Party
- 7+ years of relevant supply chain management, global sourcing and procurement and inventory planning experience with demonstrated success in positions of increasing complexity
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a relevant field such as engineering, supply chain, business administration, or finance from a top tier university
- Strong negotiation, project management, and analytical skills
- Deep understanding of global supply chain risks
- Highly motivated, proactive, and innovative individuals with an entrepreneurial mindset
- Ability to lead and influence change in the face of complexity and ambiguity
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced, goal oriented, dynamic organization with time-sensitive timelines
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills in English
It’s great, but not necessary if you have:
- Master’s degree in a relevant field
- Relevant certifications (e.g. ISM CPSM, APICS)
- Expertise in Quality Assurance and Regulatory compliance
- Experience working with consumer products
Thrasio is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ancestry, age, or national origin. Further, qualified applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or protected veteran status.
Thrasio does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Thrasio employees or any other organization location. Thrasio is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.