The name ThousandEyes was born from two big ideas: the power to see things not ordinarily possible and the ability to collect insights from a multitude of vantage points. As organizations rely more on cloud services and the Internet, the network has become a black box they can't understand. ThousandEyes gives organizations visibility into the now borderless network, arming them with an accurate understanding of how the network impacts their applications, users and customers. ThousandEyes is used by some of the world's largest and fastest growing brands, including all of the top 5 global software companies, 5 of the top 6 US banks, and 45 of the Fortune 500. ThousandEyes is backed by Sequoia Capital, Sutter Hill Ventures, Tenaya Capital, Google Ventures and Salesforce Ventures, with headquarters in San Francisco, CA.
Engineering at ThousandEyes
At ThousandEyes, we use cutting-edge technologies and innovative techniques to study and visualize networks on a global scale.
ThousandEyes engineers are focused on continuous improvement — of our product, our codebase, our knowledge, and our skills. We believe in innovation, simplicity, and elegance. We work in small, cross-functional teams where everyone has a voice.
About the role
ThousandEyes Network Engineers are responsible for all network operations, scaling our network, ensuring network reliability as well as developing and deploying tools to support the network.
We're looking for talented and highly proficient network engineers with hands-on experience on datacenter networking.
Apply for this role if you:
- Are a fast learner
- Are comfortable working with new technologies
- Are exceptional with network protocols such as TCP/IP, BGP, OSPF and DNS
- Have advanced knowledge of network security including IDS, DDoS, Firewalls, and other distributed attack schemes
- Have experience with configuration management systems and automating network operations activities
- Have good network troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Have good understanding of network hardware platforms and their specifications in the datacenter space
Bonus points if you have experience with or are knowledgeable about some GNU/Linux distro.
Our infrastructure technology stack:
- Palo Alto Networks