Who We Are
The name ThousandEyes was born from two big ideas: the power to see things not ordinarily possible and the ability to collect insights from a multitude of vantage points. As organisations rely more on cloud services and the Internet, the network has become a black box they can't understand. Our Internet and cloud intelligence platform delivers the only collectively powered view of the Internet, cloud and SaaS platforms, helping enterprises and service providers work together to identify problems before it impacts revenue, damages brand reputation, or halts employee productivity.
In August 2020, Cisco Systems completed the acquisition of ThousandEyes, which now forms the ThousandEyes Business Unit within Cisco’s Network Services Business Group, and is a foundational component of Cisco’s growing Observability business.
What You’ll Do
This is a rare opportunity to work with one eye on the future, while staying closely rooted in delivering exciting new innovations. You will partner with leaders across ThousandEyes to determine how best to map technology solutions to new market opportunities, and be a role model for the Engineering team in delivery and teamwork. Read on if you like the idea of rolling up your sleeves and shipping code as well as thinking through the more strategic side of product development.
What We’re Looking For
We are looking for a product-focused engineering leader to help accelerate our market-leading End User Monitoring business. We are shipping new features and scaling rapidly as we look to dominate this emerging segment. This is an opportunity for you to join a team and product in an early stage of development and help lead it to greater things.
Here are some of the main things we are looking for:
- Deep knowledge of Internet technology. You’ll be happy talking TCP, IP, ICMP, UDP and HTTP, and be able to understand deeply how these play together with our technology. You’ll have a strong sense of how customers configure their networks, and of the challenges and opportunities this brings.
- Strong technical vision. You can collaborate with and beyond the team to formulate a compelling vision for the product and technology. You have the communication skills to sell it internally and to customers, and to make sure it is represented in the team’s strategy and roadmap.
- Expert in software development. This is a hands-on role, so you will be excited by the opportunity to build new things. You will have many examples of successfully delivering complex enterprise software projects.
- Natural collaborator. It takes a village to do anything worthwhile, and you’re happy working across Product Management, Product Marketing and Engineering to help shape the future direction of the product line.
- Effective mentor. You have a passion to up-level the team and those around you. You are open to learning as well…nobody is an expert at everything.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do –you can’t put us in a box! But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colourful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us.
We recognize that diverse teams make the strongest teams, and we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply.
Cisco COVID-19 Vaccination Requirements
The health and safety of Cisco's employees, customers, and partners is a top priority. Our goal is to protect and mitigate the spread of COVID-19 infection for strong business resiliency during the pandemic. Therefore, Cisco may require new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 if the role requires business-related travel, meeting with customers/partners (including visiting third-party sites on behalf of Cisco), attending trade events, and Cisco office entry, unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law, and in countries where COVID-19 vaccination is legally required. The company will consider legally required accommodations/exceptions for medical, religious, and other reasons as per the requirements of the role and in accordance with applicable law. Additional information will be provided to candidates about the requirements and accommodation process at the offer time based on region.