Who We Are
The name ThousandEyes was born from two big ideas: the power to see things not ordinarily possible and the ability to collect insights from a multitude of vantage points. As organizations rely more on cloud services and the Internet, the network has become a black box they can't understand. Our Internet and cloud intelligence platform delivers the only collectively powered view of the Internet, cloud, and SaaS platforms, helping enterprises and service providers work together to identify problems before it impacts revenue, damages brand reputation, or halts employee productivity.
In August 2020, Cisco Systems completed the acquisition of ThousandEyes, which now forms the ThousandEyes Business Unit within Cisco’s Network Services Business Group and is a foundational component of Cisco’s growing Observability business.
ThousandEyes empowers enterprises to see, understand and improve digital experiences for their customers and employees. The ThousandEyes cloud platform offers unmatched vantage points throughout the global Internet and cloud providers, delivering immediate visibility into the digital experience for every user, application, website or service, over any network. ThousandEyes is central to the global operations of the world's largest and fastest growing brands, including Comcast, eBay, HP, 120+ of the Global 2000, 65+ of the Fortune 500, 6 of the 7 top US banks, and 20 of the 25 top SaaS companies.
About the position
We’re looking for an inquisitive Data Analyst who enjoys working cross-functionally, has a strong passion for analytics and is eager to drive operational improvements and sound business decisions. The ideal candidate will have a background in a quantitative or technical field, has excellent communication skills and demonstrated success in using analytics to understand and influence business decisions.
You will be a key contributor to our centralized Analytics team, working closely across Sales, Product, Customer Success, and Marketing as a data-driven advisor and partner on strategic issues. You will provide insight, identify opportunities and impact the strategy and operations of ThousandEyes. In short, you will be a key contributor with proven business analysis experience and eager to accelerate ThousandEyes’ growth.
- Utilize strong analytical skill set to drive insightful analysis using internal and external data (e.g. revenue, product, market, industry) to support the team in arriving at business decisions
- Collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders to understand their business needs, formulate and complete end-to-end analysis that includes data gathering, analysis, ongoing scaled deliverables and presentations
- Analyze and define operational metrics that tie back to business performance and frequently report on these to cross-functional stakeholders
- Develop and automate reports, iteratively build and prototype dashboards to provide insights at scale, solving for analytical needs across different teams
- Communicate insights on a regular basis to the appropriate level of management
- Master’s or Bachelor’s degree with quantitative focus (e.g. Business, Economics, Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics) or equivalent practical experience
- 2+ years experience with problem solving and providing practical business insights and recommendations using large volume data sets from multiple sources
- Strong hands-on experience with SQL, data warehousing, data modeling, dashboarding and reporting
- Strong problem solving ability, high attention to detail and rigor, can-do attitude and desire to learn
- Hands-on to get things done fast and ability to work without continual guidance
- Strong cross-functional and interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to communicate technical content to general audiences
- Entrepreneurial in nature - able to keep moving initiatives forward in ambiguous situations
- Working experience doing business analysis in SaaS companies or management consulting experience
- Knowledge of industrial grade data architectures and reporting tools (e.g., ChartIO, Tableau)
- Work experience in an interdisciplinary/cross-functional field
- Experience with Python (or equivalent scripting language)\
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case-by-case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We Are Cisco
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns, and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool.