About ThousandEyes (part of Cisco)
The name ThousandEyes was born from two big ideas: the power to see things not ordinarily possible and the ability to collect insights from a multitude of vantage points. As organizations rely more on cloud services and the Internet, the network has become a "black box" outside of their control. ThousandEyes gives organizations visibility and insight into the now borderless network. It arms them with an accurate understanding of how the network impacts their applications, users and customers. ThousandEyes is used by some of the world's largest and fastest growing brands, including all of the top 5 global software companies, 5 of the top 6 US banks, and 45 of the Fortune 500.
ThousandEyes is a newly acquired member of the Cisco family, and we are looking to expand our Sales operations team. This is an outstanding opportunity to be part of an exciting, fast-paced industry with a lot of potential for future growth and career-advancement.
About the Role
ThousandEyes is seeking a highly motivated Salesforce Developer to join our Global Sales Operations team. You’ll be a key member of our team and instrumental in defining the business processes to scale the company. As a key member of the Salesforce team, you will own key technical aspects of the Force.com platform, including custom development and systems integrations. You will be responsible for ongoing optimization requests of our Salesforce instance by responding to and delegating tickets, gathering requirements, developing processes based on best practices, and implementing automation to increase efficiency. This position requires an individual who is team-oriented and able to collaborate, excited to support a growing organization, driven to produce high-quality results, and a self starter that thrives on learning and continued improvement. An example of a near-term focus will be integrating ThousandEyes' Salesforce system and business process with other Cisco Business Units.
- At least 5 years developing for the Salesforce Platform (Apex Controllers, Triggers, Batch APEX,Visualforce, SOQL, SOSL, Lightning Web Components, and other Salesforce programmatic solutions)
- Experience in Salesforce product suite including Salesforce Lightning, Sales Cloud, Service Cloud, App Cloud, and AppExchange solutions
- Experience building integrations with Salesforce and 3rd-party APIs with the Salesforce platform. In-depth knowledge of Salesforce SOAP API, REST API, and BULK API Force.com APIs, Webhooks and Web Services
- Extensive development experience using VisualForce, Apex controllers, Triggers, Batch Apex, and other programmatic solutions on the Salesforce platform.
- Experience with SQL databases (MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle)
- Experience with Salesforce tools: Data Loader, DemandTools, Workbench, Flow and Process Designer,
- Understanding and experience with security features (SSO, Org-Wide Permissions, Field Level Settings)
- Experienced in all software development project phases, including requirements gathering, system design and build, testing, and end user training.
- Understanding of when to use declarative vs programmatic development
- Salesforce Advanced Administrator and Platform App Builder Certification
- Experience using Github for source control
- Experience using CI/CD, packaging and deployment tools
- Experience with Java
- Experience configuring and customizing Salesforce Communities including embedded service and Omni Channel for Lightning
- Ability to work directly with stakeholders, gather requirements, and manage multiple projects
- Experience with Salesforce CPQ or equivalent quoting tool
- Experience with Zuora integration or equivalent billing and subscription management tool
- Salesforce Platform Developer I and II certifications
- Implement Salesforce solutions that adhere to platform best practices. Typical Salesforce implementations include custom platform development (Apex, Visualforce, Lightning Components), integrations with back office systems (often through the use of middleware tools) and complex data migrations.
- Develop custom solutions and interfaces on top of the Salesforce platform
- Develop, test, and document custom development, integrations, and data migration elements of a Salesforce implementation
- Absorb new product and technical capabilities from Salesforce during new product releases and acquisitions.
- Maintain and Develop integration with ThousandEyes SAAS offering including license provisioning
- Maintain and develop new functionality of existing web applications
- Partner with other business units within Cisco to create integrations to support in-direct sales channels