Who We Are
The name ThousandEyes was born from two big ideas: the power to see things not ordinarily possible and the ability to collect insights from a multitude of vantage points. As organisations rely more on cloud services and the Internet, the network has become a black box they can't understand. Our Internet and cloud intelligence platform delivers the only collectively powered view of the Internet, cloud and SaaS platforms, helping enterprises and service providers work together to identify problems before it impacts revenue, damages brand reputation, or halts employee productivity.
In August 2020, Cisco Systems completed the acquisition of ThousandEyes, which now forms the ThousandEyes Business Unit within Cisco’s Network Services Business Group, and is a foundational component of Cisco’s growing Observability business.
About The Role
At ThousandEyes, we are fanatical about design. Our product is built to visualize the Internet and the services that flow across it. The Internet is a massive distributed system with thousands of networks at its core serving half of the human population. As a Designer you are going to solve visualization problems at the Internet scale. We believe in innovation, simplicity, and elegance. Product Designers work with our customers, engineers, product management, and customer success to determine design requirements, create mockups, user workflows, do user research, and provide feedback to constantly improve our product. As a Product Designer you will be part of the full design cycle, from requirements to design prototyping.
We are looking for a seasoned Product Designer who can evolve and scale our design system while collaborating with Product Management and Engineering to make complex, technical concepts intuitive for our users.
What You'll Do
- Drive the evolution of the ThousandEyes visual language and interaction pattern library across our product offerings.
- Lead and manage the development and delivery of our design systems and drive implementation of our visual language across the platform.
- Devise and own the design system roadmap for the platform.
- Design and define interaction patterns through components, documentation, and prototypes.
- Work with developers to maintain, revise, and create new components for our library.
- Conduct user research as needed to ensure usability.
- Collaborate with engineering to build and maintain usage documentation.
- Develop, specify, and maintain our core principles in visual style, typography, spacing, motion, interaction models, and the data visualization library.
- Create and maintain the shared Figma style and component library.
- Advocate the design system to drive adoption across functions.
Apply for this role if you
- 5+ years of design experience, ideally with demonstrated success in enterprise software products
- Relevant design system experience for an enterprise/SaaS product
- Have a strong portfolio that showcases your design work
- Can articulate the reasoning behind your design decisions
- Can think through user problems while understanding technical constraints
- Self-learner with aptitude for understanding complex, technical concepts
- Experience conducting and participating user research activities
We Are Cisco
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool.