Who We Are
The name ThousandEyes was born from two big ideas: the power to see things not ordinarily possible and the ability to collect insights from a multitude of vantage points. As organisations rely more on cloud services and the Internet, the network has become a black box they can't understand. Our Internet and cloud intelligence platform delivers the only collectively powered view of the Internet, cloud and SaaS platforms, helping enterprises and service providers work together to identify problems before it impacts revenue, damages brand reputation, or halts employee productivity.
In August 2020, Cisco Systems completed the acquisition of ThousandEyes, which now forms the ThousandEyes Business Unit within Cisco’s Network Services Business Group, and is a foundational component of Cisco’s growing Observability business.
About the Role
We're all familiar with the technology, but have you ever wondered how the Internet actually works? At ThousandEyes, we spend every day working to help customers understand the gotchas of Internet-based service delivery: how to identify problems, how to resolve, and how to avoid them in the future. Our Customer Success team is tasked with empowering our customers with ThousandEyes to ease their performance monitoring pains.
If you enjoy variety in job responsibilities, this is the job for you. A day may involve helping a customer identify network loss in an undersea cable, diagnose the cause of a route leak impacting significant portions of internet traffic, scripting an approach to monitoring a website's login flow, spinning up a lab environment to reproduce a strange set of behaviors seen in a customer's environment, saving a company hours of bridge time during a significant outage impacting their infrastructure by finding the smoking-gun in a network outage, or simply helping someone understand the way that our applications work. The job is highly variable and requires both the ability to make data-driven decisions, and draw conclusions based on incomplete information. We're looking for out-of-the-box problem solvers who can complement and extend the already formidable talents of our Customer Enablement organization.
- A standout "customer first" attitude
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent working experience
- At least 2 years working in a customer-facing role
- Firm grasp of network and application protocols (Cisco/Juniper certification strongly preferred - CCNA/JNCP, etc.)
- validated experience working as a senior software developer or technical leader in highly transactional, 24x7 production cloud and SaaS environment
- Familiar with core networking principles - DNS, web technologies, and voice over IP
- Applied knowledge of virtualization technology - containers, virtualBox, VMware, HyperV, Xen
- Applied knowledge in security - authentication, permissions, SSO
- Experience on Linux, at plus
- Experience in technical writing is a plus
- Ability to prioritize & complete tasks in a timely fashion.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely to technical and non-technical users
- Validated problem-solving skills
- Timely interaction with customers and internal teams requesting support via online-chat, email and phone.
- Take ownership of technical issues, working with multi-functional teams to document problem definition, troubleshooting procedures, and resolution steps
- Take ownership of customer support forum and keep information current on standard methodologies with ThousandEyes
- Active participation in 24x7 Support Coverage model
- Identify process & workflows ripe for improvement or automation
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We Are Cisco
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool.