About ThousandEyes (part of Cisco)
The name ThousandEyes was born from two big ideas: the power to see things not ordinarily possible and the ability to collect insights from a multitude of vantage points. As organizations rely more on cloud services and the Internet, the network has become a "black box" outside of their control. ThousandEyes gives organizations visibility and insight into the now borderless network. It arms them with an accurate understanding of how the network impacts their applications, users and customers. ThousandEyes is used by some of the world's largest and fastest growing brands, including all of the top 5 global software companies, 5 of the top 6 US banks, and 45 of the Fortune 500.
ThousandEyes is a newly acquired member of the Cisco family, and we are looking to expand our Customer Engineering team around the globe. This is an amazing opportunity to be part of an exciting, fast-paced industry with a lot of potential for future growth and career-advancement.
About the Role
The Leader, Customer Engineering role is a player/coach role of a post-sales support team. You will be responsible for building and leading a new customer experience hub, with a team consisting of both support engineers and professional service consultants serving local region customers. In addition to your management responsibilities, you’ll need to be able to carry your own weight from a technical perspective.
As a custom experience hub manager, you will get to help build a new and important team from scratch. You’re also able to establish relationships with peer groups across the organization, including Product, Engineering, and various teams in the sales organization. You’re highly organized: able to seamlessly transition between projects and initiatives, and able to drive continuous progress on projects across your team. You’re also responsible for cultivating the experience of your team members - providing guidance to, and mentoring team members on critical skills development needed for driving longer term, valuable careers.
- A standout "customer first" attitude
- 2+ years of people management experience within a Technical Support / Professional Services organization.
- 7+ years of working directly with customers, preferably within a technology company.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent working experience
- Committed to creating and developing a high-performing team that drives real additional value for both internal, and external customers.
- Firm grasp of network and application protocols (Cisco/Juniper certification strongly preferred - CCNA/JNCP, etc. )
- Experience with Cloud/SaaS software products is highly desirable.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Excellent presentation skills coupled with a strong leadership presence.
- Excellent time & project management skills, with a focus on delivery.
- Initiative and desire to learn new skills/technologies and remain up-to-date with the latest trends; real passion for problem-solving.
- Team Building - recruit, hire and onboard new team members.
- Day-to-Day management of the regional team
- Coordinating handoff of ongoing issues to the next geographical region.
- Assume the role of escalation manager and ensure timely communication to all stakeholders for escalated issues with a high-impact, or strategic visibility
- Report metrics on workload volume, project delivery, and customer enablement to upper management and executive team. Build, implement and improve internal reporting, and other processes to optimize team productivity, identify trends, and product enhancement opportunities.
- Mentor and develop team members to enhance, and improve their skill-set and performance. Ensure training and enablement is a continuous process.
- Establish and develop collaborative relationships with internal teams, external partners, and customers. Collaborating with Sales and Engineering to address product issues, and identify workarounds & solutions.
- Partner with customers to help investigate and diagnose network, and internet connectivity problems