Who We Are
The name ThousandEyes was born from two big ideas: the power to see things not ordinarily possible and the ability to collect insights from a multitude of vantage points. As organisations rely more on cloud services and the Internet, the network has become a black box they can't understand. Our Internet and cloud intelligence platform delivers the only collectively powered view of the Internet, cloud and SaaS platforms, helping enterprises and service providers work together to identify problems before it impacts revenue, damages brand reputation, or halts employee productivity.
In August 2020, Cisco Systems completed the acquisition of ThousandEyes, which now forms the ThousandEyes Business Unit within Cisco’s Network Services Business Group, and is a foundational component of Cisco’s growing Observability business.
About The Role
ThousandEyes is seeking an exceptional information security engineer with strong vulnerability management skills to support our vulnerability management program. This is a hands-on role that requires experience and expertise managing projects and processes related to security of networks, systems and applications. We are looking for a San Francisco based information security engineer that will be aggressive in following up on tasks, achieving deadlines, and holding resource owners accountable to risk remediation plans. The security engineer role will be highly engaged with all aspects of the vulnerability management process.
- Participate and drive system and application vulnerability management process
- Assess information security risks of new projects and deployments (this will require practical use and understanding of advanced security protocols and standards, and solid knowledge of information security principles and practices)
- Plan and perform internal security audits to assess control design and effectiveness
- Participate in supporting major external security certification and compliance attestation initiatives
- Communicate with company workers on security awareness topics
- Evangelize business owners to do the right thing using diplomacy and tact in all interactions
- Participate in 24x7 Information Security Response team
- Highly organized with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good understanding of technologies and controls including those related to system, networking, and web application security
- Experience with multi-tasking and fast paced work environments needed; strong time management skills
- Action oriented with a passion for getting things done quickly, efficiently, and properly
- Ability to work independently with minimal guidance while being a team player able to effectively manage a demanding workload across geographic and organizational boundaries
- Strong customer service and service delivery orientation
- Experience creating/maintain networking API focus bash script, perl and python programs.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or a related field and a minimum of 4 years experience in information security and/or IT project management
A Plus If You Also Have
- Technical working knowledge of Linux OS, Network Protocols (TCP/IP, HTTP, SMTP, DNS), Container technologies and Web security architecture, Firewalls, IAM, IDS/IPS, SIEM, Cryptography
- Proven experience performing or project managing information security risk assessments
- Certification for vulnerability management tool.
- Certification for instruction detection systems.
- Knowledge of ISO 27001, SOC2, FedRAMP, NIST and CSA CCM frameworks, as well as global data protection and privacy laws
- Hands-on experience with FedRAMP, SOC2 and/or ISO certification engagements
- Security certifications such as CISSP, CISM, CCSP, GSEC, CCIE
- Project management certifications such as PMP
We Are Cisco
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool.