The name ThousandEyes was born from two big ideas: the power to see things not ordinarily possible and the ability to collect insights from a multitude of vantage points. As organizations rely more on cloud services and the Internet, the network has become a "black box" outside of their control. ThousandEyes gives organizations visibility and insight into the now borderless network. It arms them with an accurate understanding of how the network impacts their applications, users, and customers. ThousandEyes is used by some of the world's largest and fastest growing brands, including 4 of the top 5 SaaS companies, 4 of the top 5 US banks and 3 of the Fortune 5. ThousandEyes is backed by Sequoia Capital, Google Ventures, Tenaya Capital and Sutter Hill Ventures, with headquarters in San Francisco, CA.
Engineering at ThousandEyes
At ThousandEyes, we use cutting-edge technologies and innovative techniques to study and visualize networks on a global scale.ThousandEyes engineers are focused on continuous improvement -- of our product, our codebase, our knowledge, and our skills. We believe in innovation, simplicity, and elegance. We work in small, cross-functional teams where everyone has a voice.
Learn more about engineering at ThousandEyes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9a_c8yJyzc
About the Role
As a Senior Software Engineer on the BGP Platform team, you will be responsible for designing and implementing solutions that provide visibility into core Internet Infrastructure including ISPs, DNS providers, IaaS, CDNs , SaaS providers and trace the impact of macro scale Internet events to individual users and enterprise networks connecting at the edge. These events include outages, routing hijacks and leaks, DDoS attacks, political interference, among others.
What we're looking for:
- 8+ years of software development experience
- A fast learner
- Comfortable working with newer technologies
- Expert level understanding of object oriented programming languages (C++ highly desirable)
- Excellent object-oriented design skills
- Experience with streaming architectures, in particular, Kafka
- Experience in ElasticSearch, MongoDB is a plus
- Experience in open-source development is a plus
- Experience with network protocols is a plus
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or similar