Head of Product Marketing
The pioneer in Internet and cloud intelligence is looking for a senior product marketing leader to drive growth and leadership in the multi-billion-dollar digital experience monitoring and analytics market. This new category of software represents the next generation of operational visibility and monitoring technologies required to support cloud, multi-cloud, and hybrid cloud infrastructures that all rely heavily on the Internet and are now the dominant deployment model for enterprise applications, services and workloads.
You have a proven track-record building and developing high-performing Product Marketing teams at hyper-growth enterprise software companies. You are also passionate about technology and have deep expertise in application architectures, as well as the Internet and cloud ecosystem and technologies. You seeking to join a group of original thinkers and innovators, working tirelessly to deliver exceptional value to our customers, which include 5 of the top 5 global software companies, 5 of the top 6 US banks, and 48 of the Fortune 500.
You combine technical aptitude with business acumen and are able to develop compelling product and industry narratives, using strong communications skills and analytics-based arguments. You are detail-oriented, metrics-driven and unwilling to settle for mediocrity. And you are inspirational to your team to bring vision to life.
This is your opportunity to make a material impact on the trajectory of a company at the forefront of a global shift in technology adoption. You will be empowered to do amazing things, surrounded by a team of smart and creative innovators. This position reports to ThousandEyes’ Chief Marketing Officer and is based in San Francisco, CA.
- Plan, create and implement the overall product marketing strategy for ThousandEyes
- Drive development of ThousandEyes software category, supported by unique positioning and messaging that informs how the company describes its product offerings and value
- Lead and manage industry-recognized, world-class team of product marketing professionals that challenge traditional role expectations
- Empower sales and marketing teams with industry, product, persona, and competitive subject matter expertise to support successful execution of growth enablement and thought leadership programs
- Create robust calendar of original research and thought leadership content that leverages data and analytics from the ThousandEyes platform
- Drive development of effective product collateral, including white papers, website content, case studies, data sheets and presentations for outbound communication, to support sales efforts and as part of a content led demand generation plan.
- Work closely with product management to ensure current and emerging market requirements are represented in product roadmaps and releases
- Design highly effective sales enablement tools for use by the sales team and partners and support delivery of exceptional sales training
- Support sales in presenting our value proposition to key enterprises
- Work with product management and demand generation to drive impactful and integrated product and solution-led launches
- Analyze competitive offerings and develop positioning of our differentiators
- Develop the metrics to measure success for each ThousandEyes offerings
- Build brand reputation and credibility as a strong advocate and spokesperson for ThousandEyes in blogs, industry forums, AR/PR activities and strategic partnerships
- Provide input towards strategy and priorities for company website and blog, including content, digital assets, and SEO
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- 15+ years of experience in Product Marketing at enterprise software companies
- Leadership experiencing managing high performing Product Marketing teams
- Experience with determining product-market fit and delivering products to market
- Highly analytical; thrives in a world of metrics and measurement
- Strong communicator, storyteller and ability to drive a visual narrative on a whiteboard or using slides
- Ability to understand enterprise business needs and customize stories
- Sales savvy, with excellent customer-facing presence/ communications skills
- Extensive experience presenting at the C- level to customers and prospects, as well as to analysts and the press
- Self-starter who truly enjoys working in a fast-paced, innovative and hi-growth technology environment
- Sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on company’s success
- Background in software critical, with experience in Enterprise SaaS
- Travel: up to 20% of the time, domestically and internationally