About the company
The name ThousandEyes was born from two big ideas: the power to see things not ordinarily possible and the ability to collect insights from a multitude of vantage points. As organizations rely more on cloud services and the Internet, the network has become a black box they can't understand. ThousandEyes gives organizations visibility into the now borderless network, arming them with an accurate understanding of how the network impacts their applications, users and customers. ThousandEyes is used by some of the world's largest and fastest growing brands, including all of the top 5 global software companies, 5 of the top 6 US banks, and 45 of the Fortune 500. ThousandEyes is backed by Sequoia Capital, Sutter Hill Ventures, Tenaya Capital, Google Ventures and Salesforce Ventures, with headquarters in San Francisco, CA.
About the position
As a Data Engineer intern, you will have the opportunity to work directly with a fast-paced engineering team. You will get exposure to our data infrastructure - ingesting traffic at 450 Mbps - and have the opportunity to scale it up further. Additionally, you’ll also be able to play around with our massive datasets. You are also a self-starter who is comfortable with ambiguity, pays close attention to detail and has the ability to work in an agile environment.
You will contribute to a variety of exciting projects that include:
- Designing robust and fully automated data ingestion processes
- Building data driven product applications
- Building tools for improving company-wide productivity with data
An internship at ThousandEyes will give you exposure to cutting edge technologies that are widely adopted and used in the field of big data and back-end engineering such as Apache Spark, Kafka, MongoDB, MySQL, Kubernetes, Docker and Airflow. In order for you to gain the most out of your time at ThousandEyes, we require a minimum commitment of 12 weeks. The start and end dates are adjustable depending on your school semester.
In short, you will play a critical role in shaping our Analytics foundation. On the Analytics team we know new technologies are emerging every day in various areas of software development and we are always excited about leveraging them to create an impact in our organization - we hope you share our enthusiasm for learning and driving impact!
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or equivalent
- Experience with Python and SQL
- Interest in data and software engineering
- Computer science fundamentals: object-oriented design, data structures and algorithms
- Previous internship experience where you contributed production-level code
- Graduate student or rising senior
- Strong knowledge of distributed systems and microservices