ThousandEyes empowers enterprises to see, understand and improve digital experiences for their customers and employees. The ThousandEyes cloud platform offers unmatched vantage points throughout the global Internet and cloud providers, delivering immediate visibility into the digital experience for every user, application, website or service, over any network. ThousandEyes is central to the global operations of the world's largest and fastest growing brands, including Comcast, eBay, HP, 120+ of the Global 2000, 65+ of the Fortune 500, 6 of the 7 top US banks, and 20 of the 25 top SaaS companies.
Engineering at ThousandEyes
At ThousandEyes, we use cutting-edge technologies and innovative techniques to study and visualize networks on a global scale.ThousandEyes engineers are focused on continuous improvement -- of our product, our codebase, our knowledge, and our skills. We believe in innovation, simplicity, and elegance. We work in small, cross-functional teams where everyone has a voice.
Learn more about engineering at ThousandEyes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9a_c8yJyzc
About the Role
Our web application is the central customer-facing piece of all our product offerings, used daily by operations teams around the world. We are looking for a super strong, seasoned player-coach engineering director with expertise in large-scale distributed systems to manage a stellar group of world-class site reliability engineers.
Apply for this role if you:
- You have a total of 6+ years of experience building and supporting missing critical services with focus on automation, availability and performance.
- You've led a team of 5-8 engineers, and have 4+ years of engineering management experience.
- You have worked on large-scale distributed systems including multi-tiered architecture
- You should be able to technically deep-dive into code, networking, operating systems (Unix/Linux) and/or data stores.
- You have experience formulating a team's technical strategy and roadmap; you've collaborated and partnered effectively with several other teams.
- You can provide a strong technical vision for SRE teams.
Our infrastructure technology stack: