ThousandEyes empowers enterprises to see, understand and improve digital experiences for their customers and employees. The ThousandEyes cloud platform offers unmatched vantage points throughout the global Internet and cloud providers, delivering immediate visibility into the digital experience for every user, application, website or service, over any network. ThousandEyes is central to the global operations of the world's largest and fastest growing brands, including Comcast, eBay, HP,120+ of the Global 2000, 75+ of the F500, 20 of the top 25 SaaS providers, 6 of the top 7 US banks, 4 of the top 5 UK banks, and 5 of the top 10 companies on the 2018 Forbes Cloud 100 list.
About the Role:
The Business Manager role is highly strategic sales operations role, supporting the global sales organization as a partner to the business. As a Business Manager, you will be responsible for driving operational improvements across the aligned business segments you support. You will combine quantitative rigor and business acumen to identify business trends and opportunities, design optimal workflows, and introduce innovative capabilities to the business. You will work cross-functionally partnering both internally and externally to develop and execute the strategy for our Go-to-Market. In order to be effective in this role, you will need:
- Developed business acumen and the ability to successfully navigate and consult at varying levels across the organization
- Ability to pay attention to detail while handling multiple, simultaneous projects under deadline pressure
- Distinctive problem-solving and project management skills. Effective communication and facilitation skills.
An example of near-term focus for this business manager would be supporting the development of our global services organization, with programs related to overall organizational design, KPI development, scorecard development and reporting, and tools and process implementation.
This opportunity might be for you if you:
- Enjoy creative and critical thinking and problem-solving
- Love building and nurturing relationships
- Are driven to meet goals
- Work with integrity, passion and high quality and service-excellence standards
- Have a wealth of knowledge and experience that you want to fully leverage
- Want to make an immediate impact within a growing company and have the opportunity to grow with it.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Sales Strategy: utilize your expertise in designing, implementing and optimizing the GTM strategy and the levers that impact revenue enablement for your aligned business segment. Exposure and understanding of marketing, sales, channel, services and customer success is critical, so we can ensure each business segment strategy aligns with and drives the overall company goals
- Problem resolution: Proactive identification of issues, and ability to drive remediation and/or mitigation initiatives utilizing data, tools, and cross functional relationships/processes.
- Program Management: Create structure/systems in the business where it was lacking before, leverage your technology proficiencies to make improvements in the business, manage overall programs and tasks related to operationalizing the programs of your aligned business segment
- Pattern recognition: Analyze trends related to organizational performance in order to direct the organization's resources and identify organizational needs. Make recommendations back to the business based on trends.
- Communicate & educate the organization on priorities: Message changes and bridge the gap between the business and operations.
- Responsible for change management on key initiatives.
- Contribute to the ongoing development and management of the company’s Rules of Engagement and any other compliance process.
- Preparation and readiness for key deal reviews.
- Manage and provide visibility around leading indicators of future pipeline development and revenue generation (i.e. activity based measures).
- Manage monthly/quarterly business reviews, including key inputs for review.
- Develop a deep understanding of the supported business segments and teams.
- A bachelor’s degree in business, or related field.
- 7+ years of increasingly responsible and complex work experience in business management, operations and/or strategy required.
- At least two years of prior supervisory experience is highly desirable.
- A professional background including experience planning and managing strategic and operational projects is also desired.
- Advanced communications skills, written, verbal and presentation. Demonstrated ability to deliver content.
- Able to apply effective process management and project management skills.
- Strong financial and business acumen.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to focus on details. Desire to work with numbers and formulas.
- Advanced skills in MS Excel and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of the sales process.
- Strong knowledge of key revenue generation indicators.
- Ability to identify and interpret trends in data and communicate findings.
- Strong skillset in drawing data-supported conclusions and building action plans to remedy negative impacts.
- Self-motivated and able to drive results independently.
- Able to build and maintain strong relationships based on trust and proven results.